Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 07:32
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: [H|Ao100+AoMC|83%|YAVP] Carnage Carnival  (Read 12893 times)

Aki

• Marketing/PR and Wiki Ops
  • Elder
  • Major General
    • View Profile
Re: [H|Ao100+AoMC|83%|YAVP] Carnage Carnival
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2013, 08:00 »

... at the cost of magazine size down to 200 * 0.65 * 0.65 * 0.65 = 55.
Hmmm ... Not exactly a bad tradeoff, I'd happily take that one.

Wouldn't even be relevant on an ammochain game.

On a non ammochain game you'd even kill a red-armored Baron on average with 3 bursts (6 armour vs 1d12*8 + some misses). Yeah, that's worth it.
[0.9.9.7]
Badges: [22/17/15/10/4/0]

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2013, 08:49 »

Behold the bug in question:

It is, obviously, no longer possible to pull this off today.
I computed, therefore I was.

Aki

• Elder
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2013, 09:25 »

-snip-

1d14x8 woah. That's making me blush.

What are your thoughts on my post about WK 2? (Or should that be moved to another thread?)
[0.9.9.7]

ZicherCZ

• Chaos Knight
  • Supporter of Chaos
  • Brigadier General
  • YADJHG - Yet Another Dead JupiterHellGuy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2013, 11:17 »

Dunno, Aki. The way postmodding is implemented now makes me feel that assemblies created with WK2 are superior to those created with WK1 or WK0, even if the stats are the same - you're skilled enough to add another mod slot for those assembled items with WK2, whereas you can't make this happen before.
It also adds some tactical decisions - do I make that energy pistol to have a better weapon against the revs now, or can I wait to gain another level to be able to P-mod it afterwards? How many revs and lost souls will I run into before gaining that level?
IMHO, it's more interesting the current way, than if you would be able to slap an extra upon anything once you get WK2. Just my two Czech hellers :).
DoomRL 0.997: Cyberdemon Brigadier General - Games: 217, Wins: 2/5/3/6/0, Medals: 18, Specials: 64, Asm: 39, Badges: 19/17/16/5/1/Are you kidding?
Jupiter Hell: Inner Circle - first tech build reached and working

Moonshine Fox

• Silver Supporter
  • Elder
  • Sergeant Major
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2013, 13:54 »

For those interested, here's a video clip of the last levels of mad-dashing and you can also see how stupidly ridiculus that gun was in this setup. Youtube link.
Shoot at everything that moves. If it doesn't move, shoot it anyway, it might move later.

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
  • High Caliber Consecrator
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2013, 14:06 »

That's part fun to watch, part unbelievable. Your speeds are rediculous - been watching for 10 minutes now, and I don't believe you've actually been shot at even once :S

I'm tempted to start learning to play with the mouse, too...
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 14:08 by LuckyDee »
[0.9.9.7G] Current: Hell Knight 1st Lieutenant [20/12/4/0/0/0]
High: Arch-Vile Lt. Colonel [25/21/12/2/1/0]

Moonshine Fox

• Silver Supporter
  • Elder
  • Sergeant Major
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2013, 17:36 »

That's part fun to watch, part unbelievable. Your speeds are rediculous - been watching for 10 minutes now, and I don't believe you've actually been shot at even once :S

I'm tempted to start learning to play with the mouse, too...
I did get shot at least once, when I switched out my boots in front of an Arachnotron. He got a full salvo on my face, but with my RIDICULUS amount of HP and resistances, it barely registered on my health.

Yes, this run was completely stupid :P AoMC and an ammochain plasma rifle melts everything. Heck, even Bruiser Brothers died in one salvo.
Shoot at everything that moves. If it doesn't move, shoot it anyway, it might move later.

White Rider

• Elder
  • Captain
  • Doesn't play much
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2013, 17:48 »

Reminded me of this:

0.9.9.6: 10d 15h Arch-Vile Major; 6/6/2012 - 3/15/2013
0.9.9.7: 12d 9h Cyberdemon Br. General; 3/19/2013 - ?
V: 31 (5P 17S 9F) M: 32 I: 66 A: 40 | 26 24 19 8 1 0

Aki

• Elder
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2013, 19:00 »

Dunno, Aki. The way postmodding is implemented now makes me feel that assemblies created with WK2 are superior to those created with WK1 or WK0, even if the stats are the same - you're skilled enough to add another mod slot for those assembled items with WK2, whereas you can't make this happen before.
It also adds some tactical decisions - do I make that energy pistol to have a better weapon against the revs now, or can I wait to gain another level to be able to P-mod it afterwards? How many revs and lost souls will I run into before gaining that level?
IMHO, it's more interesting the current way, than if you would be able to slap an extra upon anything once you get WK2. Just my two Czech hellers :).

Okay, i'm kinda distracted at the moment so i'll quickly sum up my thoughts. Might be time to make another thread.

Seeing as assemblies by nature are a "fixed recipe" thing, it would make more sense for WK2 to simply allow you to put another mod onto it because you're skilled enough to do the wiring and stuff like that, or however mod packs work.

Think of it like making a computer - having no experience with making a computer doesn't mean that your computer isn't able to be upgraded further - it's just that once you have more experience, you'll be able to put in multiple drives and additional features and stuff.

The tactical decisions in that case are kinda silly because of the RNG. Let's look at the list of levels that give guaranteed modpacks:

CC, Military base/Phobos Labs, Armory/Labs, Mortuary/Limbo?.

Out of those, Phobos/Deimos labs and the Mortuary/limbo are suicide on higher difficulties unless you're already armed to the teeth (in which case you'll want the assemblies that you have to be made even better as the reward), and you won't even have WK 2 without sacrificing a master trait or something necessary by the time you get to the labs - and early game, you're going to want to make those assemblies to help you get through things.

Which leaves you either carrying around tons of modpacks/half-assembled weapons not as good as your primary one or going without and hoping the RNG will throw you a ball. That's kinda silly in my opinion.

If say, every level gave a guaranteed modpack of every kind somewhere on it, THEN it would make tactical sense - Because in one or two levels you could scavenge the modpacks you needed to make and upgrade your assembly, and that would then throw in your tactical analysis. But as it stands, you could go the whole game without seeing even 1 modpack - which would make the tactical decisions you're making totally at the mercy of the RNG. It's kinda like saying "Well, i'm not going to upgrade my armor because i'll eventually get Malek's armor to drop in addition to my Nyarlaptotep's boots." That's really silly - especially when you have to spend a trait point to activate it in the first place.

In a regular game, you won't have enough modpacks to get the full benefit out of WK 2's more mod slots for weapons ability - and on Ao100, imagine if you make a burst rifle on like floor 40 and get a firepower modpack on like floor 80. Yeah.

It's needlessly silly.
[0.9.9.7]
Pages: 1 [2]  All