Jupiter Hell > Requests For Features

Gameplay and Background Ideas

<< < (3/7) > >>

emulord:
Id be fine with Min(reload time, movement time)

"reloading a full gun" is just as much a wait action as "moving onto the same space"

Trar:
http://deadendsolutions.wordpress.com/doom-fiction/

Excellent fan-fiction novellas. I am posting them here because I feel they could act as sources of inspiration, with some of the stuff in them...that, and they're great reads.

insightguy:
5 Things:

1. Is an x-com style cover system. It at least gives players a choice of strategic good/strategic cover, bullet dodging or a combination of both, all being viable tactics.

2. "Decoy" weapons like gas grenades, flash bangs, sound decoys, holograms and etc. to help with stealth/distraction?

3. An info "research" system where in certain information about enemies can be used against them (With a required need of equipment) (disabling shots, more damage and other effects) Info should be gained by terminals or other means, like a research "gun" (heh) That can scan enemies, (preferably one-two use only). And of course, this does not carry on.

4. (OPTIONAL and CAN BE TOGGLED) An FPS cam? I know this is a gimmick, but it may help with immersion...maybe use it as a sort of "angel" challenge where you can only see line of sight or even just a small section of the hud.

5. Separate ammo types with different advantages and disadvantages and varying rarity. (ex. incendiary rounds are more powerful or causes DOT but has less accuracy/ less range.)

Thiebs:
So I finally got around to reading the first story on that link, (it was good, would recommend) and thought of a neat gadget that could be included as a mid-to-late game random or a special level reward. Here goes: It would be like the Portal gun, making two way portals (one for each fire mode, connected to the other), with a twist. Anybody who steps into one end, or is on a square where one is shot, instantly teleports to the other, but with a chance of bringing a random demon or two out of the portal with them. Also, such balance issues as cost in energy cells (or equivalent, maybe even the users blood..) and likelihood of spawning enemies would be big things. But it could be neat stuff. (Maybe also limit it to portals disappearing once you can't see them.)

Trar:
^ That idea sounds good.

I'd also like to see some form of maintenance/ventilation system we can try and scurry around in. Keyword being 'try'.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version