Jupiter Hell > Requests For Features

Gameplay and Background Ideas

<< < (2/7) > >>

LuckyDee:
Firing at nothing it is (:

Thiebs:
So that makes sense. However, did anyone consider changing the way waiting works? Since the tactical application is almost always just waiting for an enemy to move without risking it getting a free hit, why not have the wait key default to 1 sec (or whatever is standard), but automatically interrupt if an enemy you can see (or within X spaces of you, etc.) takes an action? It seems like that would solve both problems nicely, though I have no idea how troublesome it would be to code...

emulord:
The thing is, if you can wait at .01 second intervals, you ALWAYS can get the first hit.
Angel of max carnage is immediately super easy.

I think wait time should be a static amount of time (1.0s), unless you have survivalist or some other master trait that needs to be buffed lol.

Sylph:
Emulord - the trouble there is, if there are *any* actions that take less than 1.0s, people will use them instead of waiting. At the moment we have dropping items, swapping to the off-hand, firing with finesse, reloading with reloader, walking back and forth with hellrunner... when waiting takes longer than other actions, sensible/optimal players will not use the wait command.

To put this another way, we *already* always get first hit in AoMC, provided we don't use the current (rubishy) wait command, and find other things to do instead.

As a middle-ground, I'd suggest that waiting takes the amount of time of your quickest action in jupiter hell. Alternatively, just have it take less than any other typical action (say, 0.5s in doomrl), or perhaps take the time of your last action?

LuckyDee:

--- Quote from: Sylph on December 04, 2013, 11:25 ---As a middle-ground, I'd suggest that waiting takes the amount of time of your quickest action in jupiter hell. Alternatively, just have it take less than any other typical action (say, 0.5s in doomrl), or perhaps take the time of your last action?

--- End quote ---

Personally I'd say since wait is related to movement, set it to equal your move speed (in either DoomRL or JH). Yes, this spells trouble once move speed >1.0s. Serves you right for wearing such rediculous amounts of armour.

[Or if not equal to, at least relate to it]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version