Chaosforge Forum

• April 19, 2024, 13:27
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: [U|YAAM] Revenge of Son of Total Biscuit Strikes Back with a Vengeance  (Read 8652 times)

Sylph

• Elder
  • Major
  • Galaxy Angel
    • View Profile

(re: EE-SoB-Fin-SoB-SoB-*-TH/EE/Fin2/WK)
I've never been fan of rapid fire builds, I think I'll try your approach and see where it gets me :)
Just to note, that's got finesse slipped in there for the sake of shotgun knockback around corners. For a pure rapidfire, or if you don't have much luck with that one, try:
EE-EE-SoaB-SoaB-TH-TH-SoaB-Fin
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 11:55 by Sylph »
Badges:
DRL:26 22 22 19 13 6
  JH:15 13 11   7   2

ZicherCZ

• Chaos Knight
  • Supporter of Chaos
  • Brigadier General
  • YADJHG - Yet Another Dead JupiterHellGuy
    • View Profile

Do you mean the one in the starting room, or either of the rooms on the other side of the level? Remember that I'll always take INT2 for the time being, so I can try and take better cover if I see something coming and decide my position is shaky. Doesn't work too well with run/wait, but hey. At least, I guess it's safe to assume that run doesn't stop when an enemy enters my ESP range...
I meant the one in the starting (left) part of the level.
DoomRL 0.997: Cyberdemon Brigadier General - Games: 217, Wins: 2/5/3/6/0, Medals: 18, Specials: 64, Asm: 39, Badges: 19/17/16/5/1/Are you kidding?
Jupiter Hell: Inner Circle - first tech build reached and working

Tormuse

• Elder
  • General
  • More Angelic than not
    • View Profile

Very nice run indeed!  :D  I'm surprised that you threw away the shotgun, but perhaps that's just a reflection of my different playing style, since I really value having a shotgun around for the knockback, or for damaging multiple enemies at once, or for bullet resistant enemies.  (For example, a crowd of lost souls around a pain elemental can be taken out with a single shell, whereas with rapid-fire weapons, it'll take you several shots to take out one at a time)

LuckyDee, I agree with your assessment of Triggerhappy; I'm not fond of that trait for the very reason you said:  It wastes extra ammo when targeting smaller enemies, not to mention you have to reload more often.  (Unless you have ammochain, of course)  I suppose that's just one of those things that different people are going to have different strategies for, though.  Also, I agree with what other people said about eagle eye; one or two levels is a *huge* benefit to rapid-fire builds and I think you'll find that your ammo usage is considerably more efficient.

On an unrelated note, maybe you should set the default name to Total Biscuit; it seems to be lucky!  :)
Apostle Chaos Lt. General (0.9.9.7)
[26/26/26/26/18/9]
Check out my Youtube channel for videos of me playing DRL!  :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXOijubEijdnrOja0kxXTKQ/videos

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
  • High Caliber Consecrator
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries

Very nice run indeed!  :D  I'm surprised that you threw away the shotgun, but perhaps that's just a reflection of my different playing style, since I really value having a shotgun around for the knockback, or for damaging multiple enemies at once, or for bullet resistant enemies.  (For example, a crowd of lost souls around a pain elemental can be taken out with a single shell, whereas with rapid-fire weapons, it'll take you several shots to take out one at a time)

I was inspired by MaiZure there; I used to like to stick to my shotty as well, but for a masterless rapidfire build you'll want all the inventory space you can muster for suitable ammo. It's not too bad, really, although I do tend to skip the Plains/City. A single elemental is pretty doable, since you can easily dodge the souls' attacks, especially with a HR2 tac booted scout.

On an unrelated note, maybe you should set the default name to Total Biscuit; it seems to be lucky!  :)

I had the same thought, but that would probably jinx it. Besides, he's not so much lucky - see the previous two runs - as he is memorable.
[0.9.9.7G] Current: Hell Knight 1st Lieutenant [20/12/4/0/0/0]
High: Arch-Vile Lt. Colonel [25/21/12/2/1/0]

Sylph

• Elder
  • Major
  • Galaxy Angel
    • View Profile

I tend to hold on to a shotgun, too, but I try to make sure it's either a double, super, or focused double (focused double, despite costing 3 modpacks, is pretty easy to construct most games). Just that stack of 50 shells is enough to clear a lot of levels when you have a bullet crisis, and I love both the knockback of 'double' shotguns, as well as how strong they are at close range when the enemy can't be knocked back!
However, I *do* take triggerhappy in masterless builds. I find it absolutely devastating, but as Turmuse said this might be a playstyle thing. EagleEye also greatly helps melee attacks, and I use a *lot* of melee even in rapidfire builds, so maybe that's why I don't run into such ammo problems. Triggerhappy REALLY ramps the damage up (I was killing barons in a single gatling gun volley perhaps 25% of the time in my last game), and I have trouble seeing why I'd choose rapidfire weapons with that crazy single-volley damage!
Badges:
DRL:26 22 22 19 13 6
  JH:15 13 11   7   2
Pages: 1 [2]  All