Chaosforge Forum

• May 05, 2024, 11:28
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Having a bit of a problem with AoM...  (Read 3252 times)

d00mage

• Private
    • View Profile
Having a bit of a problem with AoM...
« on: February 10, 2007, 09:57 »

If anyone could help me out, that would be great.

I've been playing around with the challenges, but I hat a few questions:

First, how do you actually dual wield pistols after getting the skill? I've tried a couple different things and none of them actually did anything.

Second, how does challenge mode get unlocked? The most significant thing I did was nuke myself on lv. 17, and somehow that did it, but if anyone knows the specifics (points required, etc.) that would be cool.

Last, is there any development for another edition of DoomRL at this time, or is it just lying in wait for more donations and free time? :D

Thanks much all in advancece!

DaEezT

• Greater Elder
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Having a bit of a problem with AoM...
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 10:01 »

Welcome to the forum.

First, how do you actually dual wield pistols after getting the skill? I've tried a couple different things and none of them actually did anything.
Answered here
And it's AoMr.

"Morality is merely a convention with which men mutually agree to delude themselves. There are no moral facts, just preferences, and one is no better than any other."

d00mage

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 10:05 »

lol. I spent about 20 minutes last night wandering quite literally as a lost soul. I can't believe I missed that.

Thanks a lot, and it's good to be in the forum!

DaEezT

• Greater Elder
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 10:57 »

Second, how does challenge mode get unlocked? The most significant thing I did was nuke myself on lv. 17, and somehow that did it, but if anyone knows the specifics (points required, etc.) that would be cool.
Challenges are unlocked by rank advancement. Look at the Wiki for details.

Last, is there any development for another edition of DoomRL at this time, or is it just lying in wait for more donations and free time? :D
Beta3 of the next build has been out for some time and brings many new features but there is no release date. More info lies behind the golden button at the top of the forum.

Another thing about AoMr. There is a strategy thread(math warning) with a lot of interesting stuff in it. In the current version, AoMr is actually one of the hardest challenges :p
"Morality is merely a convention with which men mutually agree to delude themselves. There are no moral facts, just preferences, and one is no better than any other."

BDR

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 15:25 »

After which, of course, is Angel of Masochism... haven't unlocked it yet but it sounds like a lot of 'fun'. ;P

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2007, 11:21 »

I guess this one is aimed at me xD. Work on a new version is already in the advanced state (donators already play beta 3), and I hope it will be out soon. Although currently the next secret 7DRL project takes priority :). Donations are always welcome tough (hint, hint ^_^)
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz
Pages: [1]