Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 12:35
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: New to Play-by-Forums  (Read 6042 times)

Thiebs

• Elder
  • Sergeant
  • Totally Lost Soul
    • View Profile
New to Play-by-Forums
« on: December 27, 2013, 11:13 »

Hi, guys!

...So... I'm a noob.

I get that the general idea of a play-by-forum game is like a table-top RPG (Dungeons and Dragons is an old enemy friend of mine), but as I'm still fairly new to forums in general, it would help if somebody could fill me in a bit more. It seems like something I'd be really into, but I haven't a clue where to start. Also, are there any particular rules for playing on this particular forum, aside from the general forum rules, or are they on a by-game basis?
0.9.9.7- Hell Baron 1st Lieutenant: (23|13|5|0|0)

ZicherCZ

• Chaos Knight
  • Supporter of Chaos
  • Brigadier General
  • YADJHG - Yet Another Dead JupiterHellGuy
    • View Profile
Re: New to Play-by-Forums
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 15:54 »

Just check the games played now and/or earlier. You will get the idea. Especially, check the Hidden Hands of Aether thread, those guys may be hiring :).
And watch this category, in case someone fires up a new game. This, however, is very rare.
DoomRL 0.997: Cyberdemon Brigadier General - Games: 217, Wins: 2/5/3/6/0, Medals: 18, Specials: 64, Asm: 39, Badges: 19/17/16/5/1/Are you kidding?
Jupiter Hell: Inner Circle - first tech build reached and working

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
  • High Caliber Consecrator
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
Re: New to Play-by-Forums
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 08:26 »

Especially, check the Hidden Hands of Aether thread, those guys may be hiring :)

Good call :) I admit, I've been slacking over the last week or two, but not only on the PBF board. Real life got kinda distracting. I've been keeping an eye on things, though, and I'm going to try and be more active again.

As for the PBF board, well, anything goes. You could even play a game of chess, if you wanted to. RPG tends to fare better, though. I too have been playing pen-and-paper for a long time before arriving here, until Silhar talked me in to giving this stuff a try: read more on his magnificent campaign here.

I'm now running the first 1899 campaign, from which Klear has unfortunately dropped out. I could use another player, if you're interested, although chances are you're going to have to wait for the prologue to finish until you can step in. Once the thing starts rolling, this shouldn't take too long though (ie a couple of weeks).
[0.9.9.7G] Current: Hell Knight 1st Lieutenant [20/12/4/0/0/0]
High: Arch-Vile Lt. Colonel [25/21/12/2/1/0]
Pages: [1]