General > Play-By-Forum

Chaosforge 4e PBF - OOC

<< < (3/71) > >>

Malek Deneith:
Well that's neat, assuming my predictions come true and The Sleeper does indeed apply once he wakes up it'd mean we have full set.

That being said feel free to ask your friend LuckyDee, having spare players just in case is never bad, and if it comes to that I could always bump the enemy encounters up to scale to six players... should be easy enough.

I still need to parse and decide a few things (heh heh heh) before I can lay down character creation guidelines and some background info, and help the rule-less to get their rules on, but I'll do my best to make that happen by sunday. Hell if I'm lucky and my bonus day of work this week doesn't wear me down too much maybe it'll happen sooner.

LuckyDee:
Right, now that I'm in a position to read what was actually posted here:

1) Have no direct experience with D&D x.y, apart from Baldur's Gate, Planescape: Torment (which I recently laid my hands on again, yay!) and whatever Hackmaster copied from it. Not going to be bothered by my ignorance either.

2) Unless Gard can be used (with or without slight modifications) for D&D as well, some pointers towards character creation would be nice.

3) I'll see your meat cleaver and raise you a foot mounted mace.

--- Quote from: Malek Deneith on January 30, 2014, 11:57 ---That being said feel free to ask your friend LuckyDee, having spare players just in case is never bad, and if it comes to that I could always bump the enemy encounters up to scale to six players... should be easy enough.

--- End quote ---

Annnnd will do. Bit of a shame he never had the chance to come alive in the 1899 campaign. I asked him for a character concept and gave me 12. I told him which one to go with and he wrote a background long enough for gmail to decide to trim the message. And he's old, apparently.

Malek Deneith:
Well like I said 4e is quite a bit different from older editions, but it's much easier to get into than Hackmaster. Of course guidelines and help will be provided. If anything the worst problem for character creation here might be the abundance of options, feats especially but if you find yourself overwhelmed with that I should be able to provide you with a trimmed down list of options good for your character ;)

As for Nightfalcon - hoooooookay, now I am officially scared. Both on account of the description of your interactions with him and the "he's old" note which in this hobby kind of... yeah I'm not sure how to put it well, but I'm capital "S" Scared. To be honest I expect the kind of GMing I can do might not end up what person like that would want to play - just to be safe better pass on the, um, warnings about how I suck and how I roll before the man builds up expectations I won't be able to live up to >_>

PS. Foot mounted mace, cute...

LuckyDee:

--- Quote from: Malek Deneith on January 30, 2014, 12:17 ---PS. Foot mounted mace, cute...
--- End quote ---

Yeah, you should get yourself a copy of Munchkin, if only for the great stuff it'd add to Hackmaster. Plus it's a great game.

Sent Nightfalcon an e-mail. Awaiting his response in eager anticipation, if only to see you wet yourself at some point.

Re: old: watch the D&D episode from the tv-series Community featuring Chevy Chase as the bad guy. Re: wetting yourself, too, but the good kind.

thelaptop:

--- Quote from: Malek Deneith on January 30, 2014, 09:31 ---Ow... What? thelaptop actually *in* for a game instead of just watching from the sidelines? I am shaken (but not stirred) :P

--- End quote ---
Yeah, the last 4e PBF I was involved in was fun, though it terminated prematurely.  I've been following D&D on and off for a while, so it's easier to just "do" 4e instead of learning a whole new system.  =P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version