Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 05:11
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24

Author Topic: Chaosforge 4e PBF - OOC  (Read 127979 times)

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
Re: Chaosforge 4e PBF - OOC
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2014, 19:59 »

Thing is that I don't have my character sheet available at work, making it hard to remember what I can and cannot do.
I computed, therefore I was.

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor Emeritus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2014, 21:11 »

thelaptop  -> install CutePDF -> start CB -> load Marek -> Character Sheet button -> print to pdf -> upload the pdf to scribd or googledocs :P
Inquisition - saving your soul, one bolter shell at a time.
Spoiler: "Hackmaster Kills" (click to show/hide)

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2014, 22:37 »

Okay that's an idea.  I'll do it when I get home.  Hopefully this will help me play "during office hours".
I computed, therefore I was.

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
  • High Caliber Consecrator
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2014, 03:00 »

How do I read the skill table on my sheet? I just sum up all four columns to determine the total modifier to any given test?
[0.9.9.7G] Current: Hell Knight 1st Lieutenant [20/12/4/0/0/0]
High: Arch-Vile Lt. Colonel [25/21/12/2/1/0]

slave

• Elder
  • Corporal
  • (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 13, 2014, 03:22 »

How do I read the skill table on my sheet? I just sum up all four columns to determine the total modifier to any given test?

The column labeled 'Score' in CB and 'Bonus' on the character sheet pdf already contains the sum of the other columns (which you should add to your d20 roll).
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 03:24 by slave »

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #80 on: February 13, 2014, 03:58 »

The column labeled 'Score' in CB and 'Bonus' on the character sheet pdf already contains the sum of the other columns (which you should add to your d20 roll).

D'oh. Thanks.

slave

• Elder
  • Corporal
  • (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 13, 2014, 08:30 »

Anywho: since I'm new to the D&D system and feel, and since we as a group have spent some IC time together previously, I'd like to have an idea of our group dynamics. I'd appreciate it if everyone would just describe in a couple of sentences how he thinks he/she'd fit into the group, and how they feel about playing this part (in this group). Also, please state who you think would be acting as the group's leader. Don't overthink anything, just go with your gut feeling.
Gosok does seem to be the leader.

Berak (my character) is quiet and mostly just observes what goes on. In part it is because he does not find casual conversation useful. That's not to say that he doesn't want to listen to others conversing (he can learn more about other creatures by doing so). Mostly he doesn't interfere with the actions of others unless he judges them significantly detrimental to the party. He acts/communicates when he sees a need to do so. For example when he wants to acquire more information about something.

If others address him, he will usually communicate vocally. If he addresses someone and does not have much to say, he well often communicate telepathically. The others in the party are hopefully used to it.

Question to the DM: How would strangers react if I initiated telepathic communication with them? Would they be startled? Find it rude?

Question 2 to the DM: I'm guessing that other creatures within telepathy range can not initiate telepathic communication with Berek? (Except for creatures like Isirius, who themselves have telepathy).

Question 3 to the DM: Is it possible to communicate telepathically with several creatures at once? (For example, say to the entire group "This guy is lying")

In combat Berak has some debuff powers and some powers that involve moving enemies around.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 09:00 by slave »

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #82 on: February 13, 2014, 08:49 »

Question to the DM: How would strangers react if I initiated telepathic communication with them. Would they be startled? Find it rude?

Question 2 to the DM: I'm guessing that other creatures within telepathy range can not initiate telepathic communication with Berek? (Except for creatures like Isirius, who themselves have telepathy).

Question 3 to the DM: Is it possible to communicate telepathically with several creatures at once? (For example, say to the entire group "This guy is lying")

Seems you and I have some telepathy going already. I was just PMing Malek about the same thing (:

Please oh wise DM, spill your guts in the OOC thread instead.

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor Emeritus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2014, 08:56 »

#1 - if someone doesn't know you're telepathic yeah, there is going to be a freak-out. Might be considered rude too, depending on situation
#2 - that is correct
#3 - only one-on-one communications, unless you acquire a feat or other ability that explicitly allows multi-person conferences (don't think shardminds have anything like that)

Edit: LuckyDee - as for your previous question in PM, I was responding in a bit of hurry there and misread "only my party can hear" as "only one person can hear" somehow. My bad there, one-on-one as said above.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 08:57 by Malek Deneith »
Inquisition - saving your soul, one bolter shell at a time.
Spoiler: "Hackmaster Kills" (click to show/hide)

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
  • You can hide... until there's nowhere left to run
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2014, 10:56 »

I graciously accept the leader position. As your new overlord I will strive to make sure your sacrifices will at least be a 7/10 on the awesome scale. Thank you.
(6:50:00 AM) Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?
(6:50:23 AM) xander_morhaime: Briefly.

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2014, 11:29 »

About the telepathy thing:

- If Gosok is indeed mute for all normal purposes, and assuming Isirius can indeed not read the runes in which Gosok does 'speak', he will have definitely reached out telepathically to establish contact previously.
- Also, I assume that since Berak and Isirius have spent some time between just the two of them and know some basic stuff about each other's races, they'll both be aware of their ability to talk without speaking.

I graciously accept the leader position. As your new overlord I will strive to make sure your sacrifices will at least be a 7/10 on the awesome scale. Thank you.

After I posted my question on this, I realized it's probably not so much either a general RPG issue or something specifically related to D&D, it's just that Isirius needs someone deeply rooted in the Material Plane's logic to look towards for examples on how to conduct himself. Quill and Berak both don't really fit the bill, maybe Marek would, but I'd have to hear more from thelaptop to be able to decided. Until then, Gosok seems the best choice.

Nightfalcon

« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2014, 20:48 »

My apologies.

The past two weeks have been as bad as any I can remember.  I haven't had any time to look at emails or even consider participating in a game.  Unfortunately while things are beginning to look a little better, the outlook is still sucky with patches of more sucky. 

Because of this I have neither participated nor communicated and for that I owe all of you an apology.  I wish you all a great time and hope the hacking is fast and furious. 

Best gaming to all of you.

Wm 

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #87 on: February 13, 2014, 23:16 »

Too bad you missed this, hope you get to unsuck the sucky soon. Stick around though, you were put on the reserve list, and who knows what else may develop...

slave

• Elder
  • Corporal
  • (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 14, 2014, 09:04 »

I'm not sure whether it is proper to make a skill check like this out of the blue. Should I first ask the DM in the OOC thread?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 09:11 by slave »

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #89 on: February 14, 2014, 09:32 »

I'm not the DM here, of course, but I'd say just state what you're planning to do and the DM will let you know what roll is required, if any.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24