Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 10:54
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24

Author Topic: Chaosforge 4e PBF - OOC  (Read 128174 times)

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
  • High Caliber Consecrator
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
Re: Chaosforge 4e PBF - OOC
« Reply #135 on: February 18, 2014, 14:42 »

If there's a big demand for a more RP type of RPG, I could dust off one of my Dark Heresy campaigns...

I might take you up on that at some point. I really like what I saw of Silhar's DH campaign, and I loved the character I had... Pity it never saw life again. Consider me volunteering for when this campaign ends. And I'm recommending Nightfalcon again, as well. How would you define 'big demand'?
[0.9.9.7G] Current: Hell Knight 1st Lieutenant [20/12/4/0/0/0]
High: Arch-Vile Lt. Colonel [25/21/12/2/1/0]

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 18, 2014, 17:45 »

How would you define 'big demand'?

3+ volunteers.
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 18, 2014, 22:17 »

Blechh that was a terrible attack roll.  Lots of damage though... if only the attack can hit.

If there's a big demand for a more RP type of RPG, I could dust off one of my Dark Heresy campaigns...
I'm more inclined to this, but time zones and time commitments means I will be the slowest to reply.  That and an already daily drain on my creative powers make it just a dream on my part.
I computed, therefore I was.

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #138 on: February 19, 2014, 01:08 »

Some questions in regard to my last action:

1) Could I have charged to J22 from my current position? I was somehow under the impression that charge should be in a straight line, but that is in fact not what it says in the PHB.

2) The Target of Spirit Flay is defined as "One or two creatures". Do I choose this, or would have having used it in this case have meant that I had also given Marek a good wallop?

In this case it didn't matter too much, since I had enough actions and enough to choose from as well, but this may well help a lot in the future.

EDIT: and of course I should have flanked the bugger for and extra +2 on my attack rolls, which I assume are both going to miss in this situation. Blegh.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 01:18 by LuckyDee »

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor Emeritus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 19, 2014, 07:49 »

1) Could I have charged to J22 from my current position? I was somehow under the impression that charge should be in a straight line, but that is in fact not what it says in the PHB.
Well for starters your current charge isn't straight line either ;) And it probably should en... ah no, wait, you have reach, scratch that (gonna take a while for me to remember that). Anyway no you don't have to charge in straight line. The only two requirements are that you need to move at least two squares and that every square moved needs to be closer to enemy than the last. If you can satisfy those two requirements and have enough move you could even "charge" in a spiral for all the rules care.

2) The Target of Spirit Flay is defined as "One or two creatures". Do I choose this, or would have having used it in this case have meant that I had also given Marek a good wallop?
It... wait, what? *reads* Oh for... Well that makes it a bit better I guess. To answer the question - with that wording you choose how many creatures you attack.

EDIT: and of course I should have flanked the bugger for and extra +2 on my attack rolls, which I assume are both going to miss in this situation. Blegh.
Actually one of them will hit it seems. But for future record that second damage roll (i.e. the one from inevitable strike) should be 1d8 :P

Turn processing will be delayed - I am waiting for wisdom from Oracle of Tenretni on subject of casting through shaped consciousness and provoking (or not) OA. Speaking of Berak urgh, that Fortress of Iron Will. I'll admit that, since I've been rolling with real-life dice for enemies I don't remember what the roll was. I think I'm going to rule it saved you from the hit... and make a mental note to write down attack rolls against Berak for around at least >_<
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 07:57 by Malek Deneith »
Inquisition - saving your soul, one bolter shell at a time.
Spoiler: "Hackmaster Kills" (click to show/hide)

slave

• Elder
  • Corporal
  • (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 19, 2014, 08:35 »

Sorry for all the trouble I'm causing :P

I think I'm going to rule it saved you from the hit.

I'll edit my post then under that assumption. That way you don't have to worry about that Shaped Consciousness question (for now).

As an alternative to writing down attack rolls against me, you could use the following (fair) solution.
Assumption 1: The enemy attack roll takes the form 1d20+A, where A is an integer.
Assumption 2: Berak's defence against that attack before using Intellect Fortress is D.
Assumption 3: The enemy attack hits.
Assumption 4: The enemy is capable of rolling D+4.

Given these assumptions we know that the enemy rolled somewhere between D and 20+A.
What we are interested in is whether the enemy rolled between D and D+3 or between D+4 and 20+A.

A fair solution to this would be to generate a random integer X between D and 20+A and checking whether X<D+4 or X>=D+4.

Or equivalently, generating a random integer Y between 0 and 20+A-D and checking whether Y<4 or Y>=4.

Could possibly be easier than writing down numbers.

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 19, 2014, 08:41 »

No, actually I think writing down numbers is still easier >_>

And at a glance at your second question in the PM I believe you are correct (though for Area attacks larger than Area burst 1 the positioning of central square might matter)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 08:43 by Malek Deneith »

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 20, 2014, 10:41 »

I'd just want to point out that since this encounter will end once those two skeletons get offed I am offering a (quite probably) one-time opportunity to touch-up things as you see fit with your characters if you feel something doesn't really work well now that you had a test run.

Oh and I also have figured out a neater way to apply the free bonuses from houserules. It's not a big deal, but I recommend to update the files anyway, since it makes it so bonuses only apply to characters you *want* to have them not all of them. Procedure below:

1. Download https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15336046/4e%20PBF/Extras%20Update.7z
2. Delete "KDM Math Fix.part" from your Custom folder
3. Put the new "Math Fix.part" in Custom folder
4. Overwrite your old "Chaosforge 4e PBF.dndcamp" file
5. Run CBLoader.exe. It'll have to re-merge. Go make yourself a nice cup of tea/coffee while it does so
6. Open your character
7. Go to Management -> Campaign Settings and load "Chaosforge 4e PBF.dndcamp" again. Yes, this is *important*
8. Go to Build -> Backgrounds. Note that below your theme there should be an option to select a background now (six options actually but that's beyond the point, use the first one).
9. Click "General" on your background selection. Then click "A Houserule Math Fix". Like this:

- Final Result:

10. Save your character

And that should be it.

PS. slave, it seems you were correct in your assumptions you can use shaped consciousness to avoid provokin OA. Damn Psions ><
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 13:06 by Malek Deneith »

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 20, 2014, 15:14 »

Okay, I'll apply it later.

Next encounter, remind me to charge to the centre of where everyone is going to charge to so as to have more meat shields while I pew-pew everyone else.  Laser Cleric feels stupid moving first and then applying healing to himself most of the time while trying to tank when he can't friggin' tank.
I computed, therefore I was.

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #144 on: February 21, 2014, 12:54 »

Oh and have yourself a bunch of useless stats.

Well... this is the first time ever I've actually been embarrassed by my achievements in an RPG... Back to the drawing board for me.

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 21, 2014, 12:59 »

Well... this is the first time ever I've actually been embarrassed by my achievements in an RPG... Back to the drawing board for me.
Look at the positive side - at least you managed to hit most of the things you tried to kill unlike certain Mul >_>

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #146 on: February 21, 2014, 13:05 »

Heh, yeah I'll live. It does sting a little, though.

But it at least served me well in terms of getting a handle on the system, so if I can do better than an average 3 on damage rolls on the next encounter, I should be good.

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #147 on: February 22, 2014, 03:59 »

Does this:

This blighted winter is bad enough but now between the undead, a talking boat, an ice scepter and a Winter King; things are getting out of hand.

mean the same as this:
╬╢╣╔╣ ╡╩ ╦╢╣ ╬╜╔║╣┼└

And does Isirius stand any chance of understanding this without engaging you telepathically?

Wait, only by quoting did I spot the "Where is the Warden?" bit. That probably answers my first question...
Time to do some backtracking.

[EDIT]: Wow, now that I understand the runes I must say I really like your idea. I'm still curious as to whether I'm able to understand it...
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 04:02 by LuckyDee »

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
  • You can hide... until there's nowhere left to run
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 22, 2014, 08:23 »

I would say you guys are able to at least. Whether anyone else can is up to Malek but I would think anyone with a religion check could as well.
(6:50:00 AM) Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?
(6:50:23 AM) xander_morhaime: Briefly.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 22, 2014, 12:09 »

How were you even able to translate that, anyway?
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24