Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 11:20
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19

Author Topic: Chaosforge 4e PBF - IC  (Read 97943 times)

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor Emeritus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
Re: Chaosforge 4e PBF - IC
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2014, 12:24 »

Marek and Berak deal with the remaining two skeletons, with Isirius coming just a wee bit late to be of any help. Those were the last enemies "alive" on the battlefield, and with none of the zombies looking like they're going to get up and the ship's figurehead coming to rest as soon as Berak's conjuration faded out it seems you have won. You catch a breath and look at the bodies strewn around, both undead and those unlucky enough to get caught in the assault.

- Is it over? Is it safe to come out? - somewhere from safe distance someone must've noticed the area gone quiet.

Aaand the first combat is wrapped up. You get a short rest meaning you recover your encounter powers (or PP for Berak) and can spend as many healing surges as you want getting quarter of hp back for each spent.
No plot push forward today because frankly I don't have the will to construct a longer post. Feel free to chat, comment, or just list how many surges you spend and wait for a further post.

240 experience points gained

Vital statistics post-battle
Berak - 35/38 hp, 8/8 surges, 1 ap
Gosok Skyborn - 42/42 hp, 10/10 surges, 1 ap
Isirius Thray - 27/40 hp, 6/7 surges, 1 ap
Marek - 26/41 hp, 7/9 surges, 1 ap
Quill - 49/49 hp, 12/12 surges, 1 ap

Oh and have yourself a bunch of useless stats. Made mostly because it amuses me, take them with a grain of salt.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 06:21 by Malek Deneith »
Inquisition - saving your soul, one bolter shell at a time.
Spoiler: "Hackmaster Kills" (click to show/hide)

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
  • High Caliber Consecrator
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2014, 12:52 »

Swinging his flail through a patch of air that contained a skeleton a mere second earlier, Isirius lets his shoulders slump and his head fall forward. In his native tongue he mutters a curse that sounds beautiful enough to make the average woman blush and swoon - provided she doesn't speak the same language.

Surveying the rest of the carnage, which seems to have been pretty well controlled, he lets out a deep sigh as his scourge evaporates. He turns to Marek sporting his trademark smile.

- You alright?

Spend another healing surge
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 00:23 by LuckyDee »
[0.9.9.7G] Current: Hell Knight 1st Lieutenant [20/12/4/0/0/0]
High: Arch-Vile Lt. Colonel [25/21/12/2/1/0]

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
  • You can hide... until there's nowhere left to run
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2014, 13:04 »

Putting his weapon away, Gosok looks around for the Warden and his guards. This blighted winter is bad enough but now between the undead, a talking boat, an ice scepter and a Winter King; things are getting out of hand.
╬╢╣╔╣ ╡╩ ╦╢╣ ╬╜╔║╣┼└
Gosok retraces the runes until his allies take notice.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 13:05 by S.K. Ren »
(6:50:00 AM) Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?
(6:50:23 AM) xander_morhaime: Briefly.

slave

• Elder
  • Corporal
  • (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2014, 01:16 »

Berak, looking contemplatively at the ship, notices Gosok's runes and turns to him.

- The warden fled to safety.

Looking back at the ship.

- We probably shouldn't try approaching the ship without the ice scepter.

Turning back to the others.

- I think the figurehead is controlling the ship. It does not seem very smart though.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 01:18 by slave »

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2014, 03:07 »

"I'm fine now.  Thanks."  Marek replied Isirius.  "May Pelor grant me better guidance next time."

"We must find the Warden.  He must have some answers," Marek said.

Spend one heal surge
I computed, therefore I was.

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2014, 04:16 »

- Ah, yes, his courage was an example to us all. If he's not cowering behind the corner of that house - Isirius points to a building off to the east - anymore, we can probably find him in the safety of the town's hall or one of its temples. And if Pelor has any guidance to spare, it seems I could use some myself.

(Isirius' stance on religion is somewhat unclear. He seems to believe in everything and nothing at once.)

He then walks towards the ship - close enough to get a good look at it at least - and wonders if anything he's seeing there strikes one of memory's chords.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 00:23 by LuckyDee »

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2014, 07:02 »

Quill strolled around the battlefield, giving any undead remains she found a solid bash over the head with her flail for good measure. Much easier to do it when they're prone, with her height. That done, she extinguished the fiery enchantment on her flail and went to retrieve her furs.

"Quill thinks the talking boat would make good firewood," she suggested ever so helpfully.
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2014, 08:17 »

Quill found her furs wet from melted snow they lain in and covered in black sludge from nearby re-dead corpse. Probably what passes for blood in zombies.

Isirius couldn't remember anything worthwhile. Aside from magical figurehead and the ability to fly the ship looked like any other in his eyes.

- Gods damn it! Why is it that when one disaster strikes, more always follow and why in my damn city?! - annoyed shout announces return of the Warden... with a fresh supply of guardsmen apparently collected from their warehouse-pillaging duty. Behind him trails a group of townsfolk either too curious or too dumb to stay and hide in their homes
- Guards, start collecting to bodies. Least we can do is give those poor people a proper burial. And properly burn the remains from those abominations that attacked. - Markelhay sighs then turns to you - Thank you for your help in stopping this attack. Without your timely intervention those undead would probably take even more lives before my guardsmen could rally enough to stop them.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2014, 12:08 »

Quill examined her furs with obvious distaste, and eventually just ended up tossing them on the bonfire. Wet she could work with, covered with the innards of undead... not so much.

When the townsfolk returned, with their leader in front, the kobold was quick to step up in front of them. Even if she stood less than 4 feet tall, she still had a flail in hand, and she did have an excellent suit of plate armor under those furs.

"Quill thinks you owe her new cold clothes, before Quill freezes her tail off in this weather," she said, glaring up at the Warden, "Quill also thinks you owe Quill's tribe an explanation of this whole sceptre thingy the talking boat was going on about."
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2014, 12:59 »

- Well I don't think Lord Warden keeps any clothes your size on him. - a halfling, the same one who was telling of his clan journey back when you came to town meeting breaks out off group of people following Markelhay - But I feel as indebted for your help as he does, so let me help. I should be able to find something that fits you if you give me a moment.

With that he leaves to search through the tents, leaving Warden to answer Quill's other complaint - Pardon me but what do you mean exactly by "scepter thingy" and "talking boat"? We heard some talking but we were farther away and didn't hear what exactly was said over the sounds of battle. You're saying the boat talked? - Warden looks at the longboat with disbelief.

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 22, 2014, 20:30 »

Giving Isirius a tap on the shoulder, Gosok gestures to the Warden
╨╞╠ ╦╜╛╣ ╦╞ ╢╡├┐
╡ ╬╡╛╛ ╦╜│╣ ╦╞╞ ╛╞╞╖┐
(6:50:00 AM) Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2014, 00:15 »

Giving Gosok a short nod, Isirius turns to face the Warden. - Sir? As soon as he has the man's attention, he casts his recollection of boat's figurehead coming to life into the Warden's head.
- It would appear that it knows exactly what it's after, and exactly where to find it. It would also explain the sudden winter that set in, starting in your town - the scepter must be radiating this climate, possibly as a beacon. And more or less to himself, he adds If not, one would wonder what state this leaves the Winter King in... He gets himself together again and continues Either way, its bearer must have arrived here on the day the winter came, or shortly before that. Are those constructs we encountered ever off-duty?

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 23, 2014, 08:28 »

- Sadly, reliable as they might be warforged do take time off. - Warden replies - But the idea itself isn't a bad one, we could question the guards that were on duty during the past week or so and maybe they remember something. What makes me wonder is that Winter King you mention...
- "A legend sire." - sneers a nearby guardswoman - "Winter King is only and old story people scare their kids with."
- Not, it is not! One of my cousins said he's seen his cairn when he got lost in Frostjaw Peaks once. - counters Barro Turnfin as he returns with a fresh set of clothing which he gives to Quill - He told me it was a great pillar of ice with skulls inside!
- "The halfling is correct." - dwarven priest from the meeting joins the discussion - "There aren't many records of him, but Winter King is the name given to a human warlord who united several barbarian tribes and toppled the Great Dwarven Empire. He is called that because his conquest all happened during single, unnaturally long winter. No one knows where he took the power to make said winter happen but it is said that his reign ended when Raven Queen took what he done as a slight to her domain, and twisted his ability so that he and everything he touched froze into solid ice. It is one of the few last if not the last known instance of gods directly changing our world."
The dwarf ponders for a moment then shrugs - "Can't say I heard of any scepter though, none of the legends on Winter King mention anything of this sort."
- "The so-called adventurers are known for grave robbing and looting whoever they kill. Perhaps it is they who took the scepter and now they're trying to cover it up." - says a man you recognize as the one who was complaining on rationing earlier
- Shut your mouth Armos or I'll have guards shut it for you! Those men saved your skin as much as everyone's else.

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2014, 12:17 »

Isirius focuses his attention on Gosok to relay a message - Please have a word with these people. The visual aspect of the message clearly shows the Mul standing before the assembly, the air between them filled with enough runes to devise a short play from.

He then walks away from the bickering crowd, chasing the hunch that struck him so suddenly.

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 23, 2014, 20:45 »

Gosok gives Isirius a dirty glare. This was what he wanted to avoid. A snort of resignation leaves him as he steps forward to the crowd. Meticulously he crafts a single enormous glyph in the air

╩╡╛╣┼╗╣┴

Depending on the response to this I'll add something tomorrow. Too tired atm
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19