Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 11:31
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19

Author Topic: Chaosforge 4e PBF - IC  (Read 97945 times)

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
  • You can hide... until there's nowhere left to run
    • View Profile
Re: Chaosforge 4e PBF - IC
« Reply #105 on: February 25, 2014, 17:15 »

Gosok's head snaps in the Warden's direction. He pauses a moment before descending back to ground. Pointing a menacing finger at Armos, he curls it into a shaking fist before turning around and walking off.
(6:50:00 AM) Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?
(6:50:23 AM) xander_morhaime: Briefly.

slave

• Elder
  • Corporal
  • (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 26, 2014, 08:23 »

Seeing Gosok leave, Berak decides he should lower tenseness of the situation a bit and steps to the front.

- I apologise for that. We have not had a proper rest for a while now and this sudden attack has us all on edge. I don't suppose there is anywhere we could rest for a while? The Silver Unicorn Inn appeared to be closed.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 08:54 by slave »

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor Emeritus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 27, 2014, 10:24 »

As Isirius continues trying to catch up the man he's following after starts fumbling for something hidden in his clothing.
- "Here, take it - take it and leave me alone" - the half-elf cries and throws an item in kalashtar's general direction, tripping him in the process
- "And stay away from my head you freak"- is the last thing Isirius hears landing face-first in the snow, hitting the cobblestone below it and passing out.
By the time he comes to his quarry is long gone, his tracks being steadily covered by yet another snowfall - the half-elf seemed to know his way around the city, chances are by now he's found some place to lay low. Standing up to his feet Isirius notes the item that tripped him lying on the gounrd - a short rod that looks like it's made of solid ice, set with sapphires.

- Thank you. - Warden nods to Gosok then turns to Armos - And as for you... You're getting two weeks of time in the dungeon for stirring up trouble in the city!
- "Wha-? You can't be ser-?! YOU CANT DO THIS TO ME!" - the landowner protests
- I am the Warden of this city - I can and I will do it. And if you don't shut up now I'll fine your ass on top of it. Gods know you have money enough to live through that. Guards, take this wretch away!
Turning to Berak next he replies - Well I don't see Wisara in the crowd so I'm guessing she ran back to the Inn and probably opened it up again. OR you could try to cross to the west bank of the river and see if Nentir Inn is open. That being said I'd be glad if you'd stay here until we can do something about that ship - one way or another.
Inquisition - saving your soul, one bolter shell at a time.
Spoiler: "Hackmaster Kills" (click to show/hide)

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
  • High Caliber Consecrator
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #108 on: February 27, 2014, 11:44 »

Running his left hand over the sore bits on his skull to check for cuts, Isirius squats beside the rod and takes a moment to study; first simply looking at it and then picking it up to try and feel its vibe.

Arcane Knowledge check to see what information can be gleaned: 1d20+8=11
[0.9.9.7G] Current: Hell Knight 1st Lieutenant [20/12/4/0/0/0]
High: Arch-Vile Lt. Colonel [25/21/12/2/1/0]

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 27, 2014, 11:56 »

Isirius stares at the rod for a good, long while but all it does is strain his eyes some. Resigned he picks it up. The rod itself is cold to touch but after a moment holding it the kalashtar notices something - namely that he no longer notices the cold around him, feeling comfortable and warm despite the rising snowstorm around him.

Further few minutes of handling the item convince Isirius that it is, indeed what they were searching for - the ice scepter that the ship called out for. It does seem a bit less impressive than the name would suggest, but then again his arcane knowledge tells him that some magic items only show their full power in the hands of those who made them.

So yeah for the record you don't actually need an Arcana check to figure out (most) magical items - just some time to handle them, like for example during short rest. As for the ice scepter itself it is an actual usable magical item - look for it under rods section to see what it does ;P

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #110 on: February 27, 2014, 12:11 »

He sticks the rod inside his clothes and starts making his way back to the quays, wondering how long he was out. Not wanting to risk the ship's figurehead sensing the item's approach, he chooses a position from where he can see Berak in the distance, and tries to get his attention via telepathy.

slave

• Elder
  • Corporal
  • (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 27, 2014, 12:23 »

Berak thinks for a moment and then says to the warden:

- I don't think there is much we can do about the ship before we find the Ice Scepter. Without the help of a Magician of considerable ability, even approaching the ship would be suicidal.

Berak looks around for Isirius.

- Since one of our party seems to have wandered off, however, we could stick around to wait for him. We really should be looking for the scepter though. It probably has not left the city yet, since one would assume that the ship would follow it wherever it goes.

- Perhaps, if we locate it, you could send someone to take it out of the city to see whether the ship does indeed follow it. If it does, you could have the scepter taken into the mountains and buried. The ship and the scepter would do no harm there, assuming nobody finds them.

Berak suddenly turns his gaze to somewhere beyond the crowd.

- Ah, do excuse me for a moment. I'll be right back.

Berak nods to the Warden and starts to move towards the place he sensed Isirius reaching out to him.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 13:31 by slave »

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #112 on: February 27, 2014, 12:35 »

As Berak starts approaching, Isirius sends out for him to bring the others, and Markelhay as well. He adds to that the image of himself holding the scepter, followed by that of the boat running amok when someone bearing the scepter approaches it.

slave

• Elder
  • Corporal
  • (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 27, 2014, 12:59 »

Berak stops in his tracks and takes a moment to process the images Isirius sent him, his surprise not at all apparent on his face. He spends another moment to think how to best approach this situation, before turning around and going back to the warden.

- Sorry about that, it seems that our missing companion has turned up with quite a discovery. It is relevant to your interests and we would be pleased if you could accompany us when we go meet him. Sorry about the inconvenience. Just wait for a moment until I gather my companions.

Berak turns to face Quill and then Marek, nodding to them and telling them telepathically:

- Isirius found the scepter. Please, follow me to his location.

He then turns to Gosok, who is standing some distance away from the others and repeats the message.

Once his companions gather near him, Berak leads them and the Warden to where Isirius is standing.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 13:34 by slave »

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #114 on: February 27, 2014, 13:36 »

Isirius waits patiently for his friends and the warden to approach. When they do, he shows them all his typical smile and says to the warden - Might I suggest that we continue our talk in a more... - his eyes dart around the gathered people for a short moment - comfortable location? I have reason to believe this might be beneficial in a number of ways...

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 28, 2014, 09:54 »

- Normally I'd agree... - Warden replied and shoot a quick glance around - But at this time I get the feeling that trying to hide away might start a riot.

It looks like between the fight you fought earlier and Gosok's later outburst your group made an impression on remaining people. So much of it in fact that when you moved to meet with Isirius most of the group immediately followed and now are hovering at the edge of hearing, staring at the meeting between you and the Warden and even slowly encircling you. This whole situation is starting to feel like taking a swim in shark infested waters.

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #116 on: February 28, 2014, 12:16 »

In a matter of seconds, a number of different scenarios dart through Isirius' thoughts, all of them potentially ending very badly. In the end, he simply decides to let truth light his way as it always does, and produces the scepter from inside his clothes.

- This was actually a lot easier to find than I expected.

After which he simply braces himself for the commotion to start, smiling as benignly as ever.

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
  • You can hide... until there's nowhere left to run
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 28, 2014, 13:52 »

Noticing the Warden and his companions moving away, Gosok reigns himself in enough to follow. Seeing Isirius pull the scepter from his cloak, he gives him a sharp clap on the back of the head before gesturing wildly at him and the crowd. The repeated gestures seem to imply 'where in Baator did you find that'
(6:50:00 AM) Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?
(6:50:23 AM) xander_morhaime: Briefly.

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #118 on: February 28, 2014, 14:14 »

Encouraged by Gosok, Isirius continues - I ran into someone who acted like he knew more of the situation, but was afraid to speak up for fear of the consequences. It took some.... persuasion on my part, but in the end he gave the item up willingly enough.

He then proceeds to send a couple of images of the chase and his quarry to Gosok, paired with his deep regret at not being able to apprehend the half-elf.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 28, 2014, 15:32 »

"So we just give the ice stick to this king, and all this horrid white stuff goes away?" Quill asked, having kept rather quiet up at this point. The cold made the kobold feel a bit sluggish.
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19