Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 07:53
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19

Author Topic: Chaosforge 4e PBF - IC  (Read 97911 times)

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor Emeritus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
Re: Chaosforge 4e PBF - IC
« Reply #255 on: April 04, 2014, 13:20 »

- "Alright... Thray. Let's see that party of yours then" - the man relaxes a bit and follows Isirius with dwarves coming after him.
- "You can call me Ravide"

Goddamn bluff checks >_< You got two rounds worth of time if the party in the main room wants to prepare something, anything. Afterwards Isirius and group will enter the room and you'll have to decide if you're initiating hostilities or not or whatever
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 02:13 by Malek Deneith »
Inquisition - saving your soul, one bolter shell at a time.
Spoiler: "Hackmaster Kills" (click to show/hide)

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
  • High Caliber Consecrator
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #256 on: April 05, 2014, 00:57 »

Again Isirius walks back to the previous room, keeping an eye out for the others, ready to send a few soothing thoughts at each of them at the earliest available opportunity.

- So tell me, he tries again, how did you end up in this situation?
[0.9.9.7G] Current: Hell Knight 1st Lieutenant [20/12/4/0/0/0]
High: Arch-Vile Lt. Colonel [25/21/12/2/1/0]

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 05, 2014, 06:59 »

Quill, meanwhile, took to trying on the gauntlets. They looked rather comically oversized on her hands, but the metal did seem to mould itself to fit better.

She also did her best to clean the blood off her armor. Mithral could be such a pain to clean once you let blood dry on it...
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 05, 2014, 07:01 »

- "I was living and doing my job one moment, then next I was frozen for who knows how long... considering you claim to have set us free I'd say you are likely to know more..." - the man suddenly stops again - "...and speaking of knowing I now remember you never answered my other question. What was in the room with you moments ago."

Actually a correction - it looks like Berak made no effort to notify anyone else of potential coming enemies. So one round of combat prep and that's only assuming he adresses that issue now.
Actually pardon me, he did it was just rolled into action description text rather than talk like I expected. My bad.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 07:14 by Malek Deneith »

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #259 on: April 05, 2014, 07:34 »

- Well, I can't say for sure, since I didn't see anything myself, but as with you I'm going to assume that whatever does not attack us on sight is friendly. Then, glancing over his shoulder, beaming brightly as usual - It's probably a bit of recon on my party's part. And about you being frozen: if it occurred while you were working here, I'm assuming you're part of the King's retinue?

slave

• Elder
  • Corporal
  • (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 05, 2014, 07:45 »

When Berak hears people coming towards the door, he immediately warns the others. He still lingers for a bit, trying to learn the intentions of Isirius and his company, ready to move away from the door when they get too close.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 07:46 by slave »

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
  • You can hide... until there's nowhere left to run
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 06, 2014, 09:59 »

Gosok situates himself on one of the beds. And waits for Isirius' return.
blah post is blah
(6:50:00 AM) Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?
(6:50:23 AM) xander_morhaime: Briefly.

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 06, 2014, 18:07 »

Marek is on the alert, hanging out as close to the wall and as close to door as possible.
I computed, therefore I was.

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 08, 2014, 10:53 »

- "If you assume things are friendly that easily you must have not seen much of the world or it changed hugely in the time we spent frozen..." - Ravide is clearly unconvinced but resumes following Isirius... for the moment - "As for your question yes, yes I am. Everyone here serves the King, and those that would not find themselves in a prison cell... if they're lucky."

Few steps later Isirius re-enters the entry hall followed by Ravide and his companions... who are treated to the sight of slain wolf bodies, pool of goop where the gnome was, blood seeping under table from Bortek and the grissly feast upon it.

- "Wh- What is the meaning of this?!"

slave

• Elder
  • Corporal
  • (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 08, 2014, 13:19 »

Berak listens at the door, but does not hear much before having to retreat. What he does hear tells him that they are in trouble. Combat seems like a very real possibility, but the party is not in a formation that would be optimal for it. While retreating, he tells those in telepathy range:

- They follow the King, but don't seem to be hostile towards Isirius yet.

He goes to the table and pretends to examine the body parts lying on it. When the group enters, he looks towards the door and non-hurriedly turns to face them. He takes a good look at the King's followers, focusing on the dwarves.

Move to C5
History check: 1d20+13=24
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 13:38 by slave »

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 08, 2014, 21:41 »

Quill, who until then had been sitting quietly and trying to let the last meal settle, took the opportunity to speak up.

"They tried to poison us, by enchanting the mess on the table to look like a feast," she said, standing up and pointing at the puddle and what remained of Bortek with her flail. "But Quill is not so easily tricked. And now Quill has serious doubts about where their loyalties were. Probably safer this way. Who knows what else they might have tried."
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #266 on: April 09, 2014, 12:11 »

Answering Ravide's exclamation, Isirius nods - That's exactly what we want to know. We have been summoned here in your King's name, and were instead welcomed with this... this.. travesty. And they even had the audacity of impersonating him, trying to keep us out of his court. Isirius pauses a moment and lets out a sigh that, combined with his almost wistful smile, seems a little out of place. He then continues - We're ready for that audience now, though. Could you please announce our arrival?

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 11, 2014, 09:05 »

- "And for what reason were you summoned then?" - asks Ravide

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #268 on: April 12, 2014, 14:58 »

- We have come to return that which was stolen, which coincidentally appears to be the cause of the recent change in temperature in here. Isirius pauses and glances around the room again. - We've even managed to keep it out of another set of greedy hands. Two sets, if you count that puddle of ooze over there. So could you please humor us a inform the appropriate people?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 09:59 by LuckyDee »

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 14, 2014, 08:48 »

- "So you claim to have been summoned to return a stolen thing - thing that you're trying very hard not to mention by name - yet at least one time you tried to claim responsibility for freeing us from our icy prison..." - Ravide half-smiles and continues - "...and Bortek might've been a hothead and a bit of an idiot but he was loyal to a fault. Mister Thray. I'm not an idiot, only a bit brain-chilled from what I've been through. I suspect there is much you're not telling me, and that Bortek had - or at least thought he had - a good reason to attack you. Putting this together I should probably try to subdue you and your friends now... but having just regained my life I don't feel like risking it just yet."
- "So I'll cut you a deal: let us pass and me and my companions will leave..." - dwarves start to protest but a stern glare from Ravide cuts them off - "...and don't interfere with whatever you might be trying to do here. Hell, if you can spare a hundred gold pieces I can even give you an interesting bit of information about this keep"
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19