DoomRL > Modding

Got error (crash on startup). Can anyone help? (random music related) [SOLVED]

<< < (2/2)

Brewtal Legend:
Thanks.

Not sure what you mean by how it is refered to.  The config file calls to the mp3 lua file. And all the song tracks are called by their directories. All of which are inside the mp3 folder.  A couple times I tried renaming the mp3 lua file and calling it in the config file as named, but no luck.

LuckyDee:

--- Quote from: LuckyDee on April 28, 2014, 12:34 ---taking into account the fact that I am not burdened by excessive knowledge of how the code works
--- End quote ---

Don't say I didn't warn you :P

What I mean is this:

--- Code: ---ELuaException : F:\Stuff\Roguelike\doomrl\config.lua:9: require "F:\Stuff\Roguelike\doomrl\musichq.lua" failed!
--- End code ---

It looks to me like you could have written anything you wanted in the musichq.lua, since the exception is caused in the config at the moment it calls the music lua - not in the musichq itself. If that's not it, the only advice I can give you is to double-check all paths, filenames and {} (those last ones always kill me if I ever get involved with any form of programming).

Brewtal Legend:

--- Quote from: LuckyDee on April 28, 2014, 12:48 ---Don't say I didn't warn you :P

What I mean is this:

--- Code: ---ELuaException : F:\Stuff\Roguelike\doomrl\config.lua:9: require "F:\Stuff\Roguelike\doomrl\musichq.lua" failed!
--- End code ---

It looks to me like you could have written anything you wanted in the musichq.lua, since the exception is caused in the config at the moment it calls the music lua - not in the musichq itself. If that's not it, the only advice I can give you is to double-check all paths, filenames and {} (those last ones always kill me if I ever get involved with any form of programming).

--- End quote ---

Ok.  Yeah, the error reads "whatever I name it".lua failed!  no matter what I name it and call it. I have already double checked the paths and they are all correct.

As for the {}'s, I'm not sure where to find the proper format to double check them.  Although, I copied it exactly as it was in v996 where it worked fine. The only difference is that v997 has a couple more tracks in the musichq.lua that were not present in v996. I just added some more mp3's to those parts.

Brewtal Legend:
Ok. As someone else on the Rogue Temple pointed out, I was missing commas after a few of the track names which was causing the original error I believe.

I added the missing commas but now I get a new error though.  :(

--- Code: -------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Timestamp   : 4/28/2014 17:55:03
Error level : FATAL EXCEPTION
Message     : Fatal exception encountered

An unhandled exception occurred at $004B1963 :
ELuaException : EntryFeed(Music) target not a table!
  $004B1963  TLUACONFIG__ENTRYFEED,  line 156 of e:/Projects/fpcvalkyrie/src/vluaconfig.pas
  $0042D18F  TDOOMIO__CONFIGURE,  line 327 of src/doomio.pas
  $0041E8BC  TDOOM__LOAD,  line 142 of src/doombase.pas
  $0041F059  TDOOM__RUN,  line 259 of src/doombase.pas
  $00401CC5  main,  line 111 of src/doomrl.pas

----------------------------------------------------------------------
--- End code ---

Brewtal Legend:
Duh!  I feel like an idjit!

The reason it didn't work in the first place was because I forgot to put commas after the track names when I added tracks. *face-palm!  (-‸ლ)

The second error I got was because the .lua script I called to was a new one that I somehow managed to ommit the tables all together.  (-‸ლ)  (-‸ლ)

Anyways, thanks  LuckyDee and yaflhdztioxo for the replies and help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version