Chaosforge Forum

• March 29, 2024, 03:24
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Item counts and Armorer badges  (Read 2256 times)

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
  • High Caliber Consecrator
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
Item counts and Armorer badges
« on: April 27, 2014, 02:08 »

I just terminated a game of AAo666 shortly before level 300 because... well, it's AAo666. I'd achieved my main goal (Technician Diamond) and my secondaries (overall kill-count and Cyberdemon kills specifically) were doing fine. Since I was also curious as to how I was progressing towards Armorer Platinum I took note of the total number of specials I'd found so far: 330. Finding a special about once every three levels (not even counting the special mods I got from Scavenger), I figured I was doing pretty well. Then after the game I checked again: 363.

What. The. Hell.

I nearly found 33 three sets of phaseshift boots alone. I exaggerate of course, but I defnitely found more that 33 exotics/uniques. The only thing I can think of is that I've only managed to find 33 different exotics/uniques on this run, which could be true.

For Armorer Platinum, though, this makes no sense: why would finding a combat pistol on 2 different games count as '2 found', and finding six of them in a single game count only as '1 found'? Is this purposely done, or is it simply a shortcoming of the code that keeps track of item counts?

And while we're at it: in 0997, Armorer Platinum is (debatebly) much easier to get than Armorer Gold, since only encountering the DS isn't enough to have it count as 'found' anymore (like it was in 0996). It just takes a boatload of time - especially with the "broken" counting mechanism.

I'd say a little tweaking on these achievements for the next version would be in order.
[0.9.9.7G] Current: Hell Knight 1st Lieutenant [20/12/4/0/0/0]
High: Arch-Vile Lt. Colonel [25/21/12/2/1/0]
Pages: [1]