Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 03:15
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [UV|YAAM] MADE IT! Also, are rare mods more common on UV?  (Read 3398 times)

Svankensen

• Backer
  • Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile

Now, i wasnt particularly lucky on this run, i mean the best stuff was an onyx mod and a nano (first time i ever found a nano), but the nano i found in the middle of a level, outside of any vaults or anything. Last game i had made it to the halls of carnage and i also ran into an onyx mod in the middle of nowhere. Thats something that didnt ever happen in my easier games. Now i did have some luck, and that luck was named minigun. That with a nano allowed me to conserve ammo in silly ammounts. Still, i could have easily won without it, but it made the endgame very comfortable, just see anything and fill it with lead, then wait for the ammo to refill a bit. I just wish i had grabbed the
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
when it spawned. In previous games i had seen lots of them, so i guessed they were kind of common, but aparently they aint, since i only saw one in the game and thus was unable to get a complete victory. Anyway, heres the morgue =D.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

thelaptop: Added the mortem tags for you this time.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 19:29 by thelaptop »

ZicherCZ

• Chaos Knight
  • Supporter of Chaos
  • Brigadier General
  • YADJHG - Yet Another Dead JupiterHellGuy
    • View Profile
Re: [UV|YAAM] MADE IT! Also, are rare mods more common on UV?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 15:24 »

Well there you go - congrats, you're doing really well. And luck, well, luck favors those who are ready :).

As for your question - not only rare mods, but more unique and rare items in general spawn earlier on UV (and even more on N!). A little boon you get for all those extra-in-numbers/extra-in-power monsters you have to get through.

And one more thing - please enclose your character dumps in [mortem and /mortem] tags. They are quite a bit easier to read that way.
DoomRL 0.997: Cyberdemon Brigadier General - Games: 217, Wins: 2/5/3/6/0, Medals: 18, Specials: 64, Asm: 39, Badges: 19/17/16/5/1/Are you kidding?
Jupiter Hell: Inner Circle - first tech build reached and working

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 19:24 »

Well there you go - congrats, you're doing really well. And luck, well, luck favors those who are ready :).

As for your question - not only rare mods, but more unique and rare items in general spawn earlier on UV (and even more on N!). A little boon you get for all those extra-in-numbers/extra-in-power monsters you have to get through.

And one more thing - please enclose your character dumps in [mortem and /mortem] tags. They are quite a bit easier to read that way.
It's not just that.  This should properly go into mortems.  I am shifting it there now.  Please post mortems there from now on.
I computed, therefore I was.

Svankensen

• Backer
  • Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Re: MADE IT! Also, are rare mods more common on UV?
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 19:29 »

Ok laptop, understood, but since it was a boast and included a relevant question i thought it belonged here. Anyway, thanks for the help and answers everyone, i couldnt have made it without you. Also thanks for the formatting tips, i was unable to find a section with the forum commands, so i drew from previous experience and used the much more common spoiler tag.

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 19:31 »

Yes I understand.  Rule of thumb is that anything that has a post-mortem dump goes to post-mortem.  Many aftermath discussion occur there too.  The discussion forum is mostly for mechanics and other stuff.

It's also to make it such that people who are looking at some form of extra-game learning from other people's deaths can easily find it all in one place.  =)
I computed, therefore I was.
Pages: [1]