Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 02:54
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Spoily!!! Submissions: D&D Items: Ver. 3.5: Special Armor, Weapon (spoilers!)  (Read 2610 times)

The Buttery Lobster

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile

This article assumes you looked at my dissertation on Green Armor, and skips some of that discussion.

http://forum.chaosforge.org/index.php?topic=714.0

The game has Special Armor found somewhere special. Well, in D&D, there is an armor QUITE similarly titled, the description is below.

Celestial Armor: This bright silver or gold +3 chainmail is so fine and light that it can be worn under normal clothing without betraying its presence. It has a maximum Dexterity bonus of +8, an armor check penalty of –2, and an arcane spell failure chance of 15%. It is considered light armor, weighs 20 pounds, and it allows the wearer to use fly on command (as the spell) once per day.
Faint transmutation [good]; CL 5th; Craft Magic Arms and Armor, creator must be good, fly; Price 22,400 gp; Cost 12,550 gp + 1,004 XP.

This translates into the following stats:
Light Armor:
Celest. Armor   +8 AC   +8 Max Dex   –2 AP   15% Spell Fail   20 ft. Move       20 lb. weight, User can fly 1/day

The only armor SIMILAR to this would be.... well, actually, none of them would be similar. If you have a good dexterity, this armor is better than any of the armors I created before-- green, blue, or red. The AC is not as high as the red armor, BUT the max dex is CRAZY. Which makes a lot of sense, actually. The FLY spell could be interpreted in our DoomRL example as being able to use a Phase Device once per level, or increasing your speed to beserk speed, or ignoring acid and lava, or some combination of the three. You decide.

Or, you could be totally boring, and just make it a slightly better version of my suggested red armor with a +6/+0 DR. Bleagh.

As a sidenote, there is also Demon Armor, but that's basically +4 full plate, which sucks compared to the Red armor I suggested.

It's interesting to note that the D20 Modern System has an Item called the L.S. (spoily!) I don't have the stats with me and it's not in the SRD, but I'll find it and present it here.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 00:10 by The Buttery Lobster »
Pages: [1]