Chaosforge Forum

• March 29, 2024, 08:10
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: (0.9.9.7) Mac OSX ML 10.8.5 Some Special Level Music isn't playing  (Read 2980 times)

Arron Syaoran

• Sergeant
  • Former Android(Now Human) Assassin
    • View Profile

I've noticed that when loading the given Special Levels, Normal Doom Mission Music would play instead of the Simon Volpert Songs. Here are the songs that don't seem to play during a standard game:
dark_secrets.mp3, doom_the_roguelike.mp3, final_showdown.mp3, hells_weapons.mp3, of_skull_and_bone.mp3, rage.mp3, something_wicked.mp3, the_brick_song.mp3, too_hot_down_here.mp3, unholy_cathedral.mp3 and d1inter.mp3.

All of the other songs that DO play during any kind of run:
cde1m*.mp3(all of these) - These 9 Songs are the only level music that plays, and plays in special levels instead of the simon volpert songs.
d1end.mp3 - death mortem music
d1readme.mp3 - victory mortem music
cde1m9.mp3 seems to play the most in Special Levels. I do like it, but I want to hear the other game song as well.

This is on an Early 2008 iMac with 2.66 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 800mhz DDR2 SDRAM, ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro 256MB Graphics and Built in(probably integrated) sound manufactured by Apple. I've noticed that MIDI Files play at very low volumes when played outside of a MIDI Editor, but I don't hear the Simon Volpert MP3s at all, and it sounds like they're being replaced by E*M* Vanilla Doom Music.
Was forced to discard my Moustache, long hair and Bandana when I joined the UAC.
Hell Baron Major(0.9.9.7G)
[24|18|9|1|0|0]
Pages: [1]