Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 10:04
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: The Centurial Blade Bandit Challenge(Ao100 with Knives/Fists Only)  (Read 4100 times)

Arron Syaoran

• Sergeant
  • Former Android(Now Human) Assassin
    • View Profile

I'm hosting a Challenge that anyone may participate in(if you want bragging rights then you should post your post mortem here):

The Centurial Blade Bandit Challenge
Rules:
1. Must Play on Ao100.
2. No Dual Angels.
3. Must have at least 85% Kill Rate in order for your Victory to be Valid(40% on Nightmare!)
4. Knives and Fists Only. Unique/Exotic Blades are allowed(and recommended), but Artifacts and Chainsaws are not.(No Gun/Nuke Usage either)
Note: If you're lucky enough to get Dragonslayer, GO FOR IT! I'll even let you keep your Badge even with berserker armour. No Longinous/Scythe allowed though.
5. The only Assemblies you are permitted to use are Chainsword, Piercing Blade, Tactical Armor and Tactical Boots.
6. I'm Too Young to Die Difficulty is not an Option unless you've never gotten a Gold Badge in the Current Version before(And you can manage to get Ao100 to work on ITYTD).
7. And Finally, Vampyre Master Trait is not allowed.(You can still Play a Masterless/Other Mastery Marine Class if you want)
Level Feeling Nukes are permitted, but Alt-Fire Gun Nukes and Player-placed Nukes are not allowed to be used.(Besides, you get a higher Kill Rate without them)

Awards(For those who can beat the Challenge with Sufficient Kill Rate):
Blade Bandit Copper Badge - Played on Hey Not Too Rough and made it to Floor 26 with at least 20% Kills.
Blade Bandit Bronze Badge - Played on Hey Not Too Rough and made it to Floor 51 with at least 20% Kills.
Blade Bandit Silver Badge - Played and won on Hey Not Too Rough with 85% Kills.
Blade Bandit Gold Badge - Played and won on Hurt Me Plenty with 85% Kills.
Blade Bandit Platinum Badge - Played and won on Hurt Me Plenty as an Asskicking Marine(100% Kills).
Blade Bandit Diamond Badge - Played and won on Ultra Violence with 85% Kills.
Blade Bandit Angelic Badge - Played and won on Ultra Violence as an Asskicking Marine(100% Kills).
Blade Bandit Demonic Badge - Played and won on Nightmare! with 85% Kills.
Blade Bandit Impossible Badge - Played and won on Nightmare! with YAAM(100% Kills). This would be a Super Hard Extra Challenge for someone like 2DeviationsOut.

Earning a Higher ranking Blade Bandit Badge will also qualify you for lesser ranking ones.(e.g. Getting Diamond will also get you Copper through Platinum)
However, I do expect even Veterans might find it difficult for even just the Silver Blade Bandit Badge.(Mostly because of Lots of Very Difficult enemies with only Knives/Fists)

Please Post your Mortems regarding this challenge below(if you want credit):

TLDR: I'm guessing "TWODEV" Difficulty in the Challenges Menu means "2DEViationsout" and not "2 Developers(only 2 developers can do it)"? That would explain "BLADE" difficulty as well. Edit: Forgot to add something about badges.

Edit: Changed the stuff around a little, since ITYTD+Ao100 doesn't mix, and UV100% needs a little something.

Current Winners of the Centurial Blade Bandit Challenge:
Arron Syaoran(as "Jason Kaitsu") - Blade Bandit Silver Badge, Level 21 Malicious Blades
Tormuse(as "Tormuse") - Blade Bandit Demonic Badge, Level 25 Fireangel
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 19:50 by Arron Syaoran »
Was forced to discard my Moustache, long hair and Bandana when I joined the UAC.
Hell Baron Major(0.9.9.7G)
[24|18|9|1|0|0]

Tormuse

• Elder
  • General
  • More Angelic than not
    • View Profile

Sounds like fun!  :)  I'm debating whether I should try for Diamond or Angelic level.  (I'm not doing the 2Dev one; I'm sure it's possible, but even in the best circumstances, it would be incredibly tedious)

Question:  Should we be aiming to get Malicious Knives Cross?  (the medal for using only knives and fists)  If so, I should point out that using unique blades like the Butcher's Cleaver and (probably) Dragonslayer invalidate that medal.
Apostle Chaos Lt. General (0.9.9.7)
[26/26/26/26/18/9]
Check out my Youtube channel for videos of me playing DRL!  :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXOijubEijdnrOja0kxXTKQ/videos

MaiZure

• Marketing/PR Ops Lead
  • Greater Elder
  • Major General
  • Retired 1-Star General (.993)
    • View Profile
    • Project repository

Question:  Should we be aiming to get Malicious Knives Cross?  (the medal for using only knives and fists)  If so, I should point out that using unique blades like the Butcher's Cleaver and (probably) Dragonslayer invalidate that medal.

Might need a code-diver to confirm those medals aren't disabled by default on Ao100
Hell Knight 1st Lt. (.997)
[22/13/9/2/0]

Tormuse

• Elder
  • General
  • More Angelic than not
    • View Profile

Might need a code-diver to confirm those medals aren't disabled by default on Ao100

They aren't.  It's definitely possible to get Malicious Knives Cross in Ao100.  But I've also played another melee game in which I only used Combat Knives and the Butcher's Cleaver and I didn't get MKC.
[26/26/26/26/18/9]

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
  • High Caliber Consecrator
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries

The Centurial Blade Bandit Challenge
Rules:
[...]
6. I'm Too Young to Die Difficulty is not an Option unless you've never gotten a Gold Badge in the Current Version before(And you can manage to get Ao100 to work on ITYTD).
[...]
Awards(For those who can beat the Challenge with Sufficient Kill Rate):
Blade Bandit Copper Badge - Played and won on I'm Too Young To Die with any amount of Kills. Note that this badge is unobtainable without Bronze or higher.

A minor point of criticism: Angel challenges are only available from HNTR and up. Maybe you want to revise your awards slightly (possibly include an award for UV YAAM as well). Other than that, I think I'm actually going to try this one (:
[0.9.9.7G] Current: Hell Knight 1st Lieutenant [20/12/4/0/0/0]
High: Arch-Vile Lt. Colonel [25/21/12/2/1/0]

Arron Syaoran

• Sergeant
  • Former Android(Now Human) Assassin
    • View Profile

You are allowed to use Dragonslayer/Butcher's Cleaver. If those are picked up, but somehow not included in your mortem, explain why. Otherwise, if you don't find any unique/exotic blades, you should go for malicious knives cross. I'm wondering whether I should start out Gold or Silver since I find Strongman Gold ridiculously hard(haven't done it yet), but I can easily beat HMP Regularly as well as in AoB. I'm still learning UV w/o melee(would be a disaster for Ao100), but I'll definitely try this challenge.

Edit: After being inspired by a Nightmare Run of this challenge, I'm going for Gold. 10-30 early deaths will probably be worth it. Also, i've been a little impatient regarding mortems in this challenge. I'll give it at least 2 months or more before I start complaining now.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 15:10 by Arron Syaoran »
Was forced to discard my Moustache, long hair and Bandana when I joined the UAC.
Hell Baron Major(0.9.9.7G)
[24|18|9|1|0|0]

Tormuse

• Elder
  • General
  • More Angelic than not
    • View Profile

WOO!  Blade Bandit Demonic Badge!  :D

Spoiler: Mortem (click to show/hide)
[26/26/26/26/18/9]
Pages: [1]