Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 14:35
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: The Hobo with a Shotgun Challenge! - Ao100 + AoSh  (Read 5311 times)

Arron Syaoran

• Sergeant
  • Former Android(Now Human) Assassin
    • View Profile
The Hobo with a Shotgun Challenge! - Ao100 + AoSh
« on: August 28, 2014, 05:25 »

Centurial Hobo with a Shotgun Challenge(For those who are bored with Melee in Ao100/CBBandit):
1. Must Play on Ao100 with AoSh.
2. Not allowed to play on I'm Too Young To Die or Hey, Not Too Rough, unless you want Copper Badge.(UV, N! and HMP Only for other Badges)
3. Armor/Boots Assemblies are limited to Basic Assemblies Only. No Master Assemblies at all(Weapons are Basic/Advanced only).
4. Nanofiber Armor, Power Armor, and any Assemblies(or even Onyx Modded non-assembly) that give infinite Armour Durability are Forbidden.
Note: Unique/Exotic/Artifact Renewable/Indestructible Armor is allowed. If you haven't noticed, Onyx Mods are Forbidden as well.
5. If you wear an armour that cannot be unequipped, you must kill yourself through suicide, and you are immediately disqualified for that run.
Note: If you get Dragonslayer or Berserker Armor, and can't unequip them, DON'T COMMIT SUICIDE. Finish the Run.
6. Must have at least 90% Kill Rate to Qualify(Preferably 95% or more).
7. Nukes, aside from Level Feeling Nukes, are forbidden.
8. Army of the Dead and Shottyhead are the only allowed Master Traits. No Fireangel.
9. Intuition, Berserker and Triggerhappy are not allowed.
10. You can only choose either Ironman OR Tough as Nails, not both. Choosing both will disqualify your run.
11. Good Lucky trying to get Nano Shrapnel with Army of the Dead or Dragonslaynir.

Badges:
Copper Filthy Hobo Badge: Reach Level 26 on HNTR with 90% Kill Rate.
Bronze Hobo Badge: Reach Level 26 on HMP with 95% Kill Rate or Reach Level 16 on UV/N! with 90% Kill Rate.
Silver Shotgun Hobo Badge: Complete all 100 Levels on HMP with 90% Kill Rate.
Gold Shotgun Hobo Badge: Complete all 100 Levels on HMP with YAAM (100% Kill Rate).
Platinum Shotgun Hobo Badge: Complete all 100 Levels on UV with 90% Kill Rate or Reach Level 51 on N! with 90% Kill Rate.
Ruby Shotgun Hobo of Justice Badge: Complete all 100 Levels on UV with 95% Kill Rate.
Diamond Shotgun Hobo of Justice Badge: Complete all 100 Levels on UV with YAAM (100% Kill Rate) or Complete all 100 Levels on N! with 90% Kill Rate.
Angelic Legendary Shotgun Hobo Badge: Complete all 100 Levels on N! with 95% Kill Rate.
Demonic Legendary Shotgun Hobo Badge: Complete all 100 Levels on N! with YAAM(100% Kill Rate).
Breaking Bad Judge Dredd Badge: Complete all 100 Levels on HMP, UV or N! after wielding Dragonslayer.(Don't commit suicide with this weapon or Berserker Armor) You can get this badge outside of this challenge as long as you follow only one rule: Ao100+either AoMr or AoSh. No other rules apply.

As with the Centurial Blade Bandit Challenge, Earning a higher tier badge will qualify you for all badge tiers below it.
These Badges are somewhat harder than the Centurial Blade Bandit Challenge to make up for the usage of Shotguns.

This challenge may be a bit early in terms of players who have done Centurial Blade Bandit or not, but it's something for Tormuse and I(and other victors of CBBandit) to do while we're bored. Other Players may join in if they're bored of Centurial Blade Bandit or just melee in general.

Note: Archangel Challenges are incompatible with Dual Angel Challenges. This was going to originally be "The Hexacentahexadecihexal Lone Gunman Challenge" with easier, but more grindy requirements, but alas. It was also going to be The Centurial Lone Gunman Challenge, but too many folks have already done AoMr with Ao100.

Extra Badge(you might already have it if you can find the mortem): The Lone Gunman Badge
Requirements: Beat Ao666 as either Bullet Dance, Gun Kata or Sharpshooter Build. Can be done on HNTR(For those newbies/medium players). Must have at least 80% Kill Rate.(60% on Nightmare) Nukes are allowed. Other Guns are also allowed, but try to minimize their use outside of carrying you through the First 16 Levels.
Doing this on HMP with 90% Kill Rate or UV/N! with 80% Kill Rate will also get you: Vash: The Stampede Badge. Yes, you can still use your chainguns/shotguns for the Vash Badge too.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 19:36 by Arron Syaoran »
Was forced to discard my Moustache, long hair and Bandana when I joined the UAC.
Hell Baron Major(0.9.9.7G)
[24|18|9|1|0|0]

Arron Syaoran

• Sergeant
    • View Profile

I'm such an idiot, it appears that Archangel Challenges ARE NOT COMPATIBLE with Dual Angel Challenges. Ima rework this into Ao100.

Edit: All done. 666 Levels are not difficult enough anyway, since the difficulty stays the same after Level 100.

Reddit: Changed the Challenge from Lone Gunman(AoMr) to Hobo with a Shotgun(AoSh). Meanwhile I'll play AoMr+Ao666 on HNTR when I'm not doing this challenge or Blade Bandit.

Centurial Hobo with a Shotgun Winners:
Arron Syaoran(as "Ryan Stoutman") - Bronze Hobo Badge, Level 15 Shottyhead

Lone Gunman Badge Winners:
(didn't see any pistol masters that WON Ao666 with more than 50% Kill Rate - 80% Kill Rate needed)

Vash: The Stampede Badge Winners:
(didn't see any pistol masters that WON Ao666 with more than 50% Kill Rate - 80-90% Kill Rate needed)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 21:56 by Arron Syaoran »
Was forced to discard my Moustache, long hair and Bandana when I joined the UAC.
[24|18|9|1|0|0]

ZicherCZ

• Chaos Knight
  • Supporter of Chaos
  • Brigadier General
  • YADJHG - Yet Another Dead JupiterHellGuy
    • View Profile
Re: The Centurial Lone Gunman Challenge! - Ao100+AoMr
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 06:46 »

If it weren't for the AoMr and no onyx requirements, I would have gotten Diamond just six days ago. I'm not quite sure I want to go through this again ...
DoomRL 0.997: Cyberdemon Brigadier General - Games: 217, Wins: 2/5/3/6/0, Medals: 18, Specials: 64, Asm: 39, Badges: 19/17/16/5/1/Are you kidding?
Jupiter Hell: Inner Circle - first tech build reached and working

Tormuse

• Elder
  • General
  • More Angelic than not
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 12:09 »

Same here.   I've done ArchAo666 with a pistol build twice and I'm definitely in no hurry to do anything like it again.  Sorry, Aaron, it's a nice idea for a challenge, but I'm going to sit this one out.  If anyone else wants to do it, I'll be glad to check out the mortems, though.  :)
Apostle Chaos Lt. General (0.9.9.7)
[26/26/26/26/18/9]
Check out my Youtube channel for videos of me playing DRL!  :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXOijubEijdnrOja0kxXTKQ/videos

Tormuse

• Elder
  • General
  • More Angelic than not
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 14:26 »

Now, if there was an Angel of Shotgunnery version of this challenge, I could totally get behind that; I haven't done anything like that before.  :)
[26/26/26/26/18/9]

Arron Syaoran

• Sergeant
    • View Profile

Now, if there was an Angel of Shotgunnery version of this challenge, I could totally get behind that; I haven't done anything like that before.  :)

Wish granted. Coming up with one right now. Does anyone know how to get ArchAo666 to work with Dual Angels?

Edit: Reread OP for info on your granted wish.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 16:46 by Arron Syaoran »
[24|18|9|1|0|0]

Tormuse

• Elder
  • General
  • More Angelic than not
    • View Profile

Wish granted. Coming up with one right now.

Thanks.  :)  I was thinking of doing a Shottyhead build, but I guess I can do Army of the Dead if you prefer.  Any particular reason for restricting the master trait selection?  Regardless, I'll try this out when I get a chance...

Does anyone know how to get ArchAo666 to work with Dual Angels?

None that I know of except modifying the game, of course.
[26/26/26/26/18/9]

Arron Syaoran

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: The Hobo with a Shotgun Challenge! - Ao100 + AoSh
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2014, 19:00 »

Well now you can do shottyhead if you like!!! I originally made it MAD only since i thought it would make the challenge more challenging, but it seems to only make it more restrictive and not any more challenging. The reason why I won't allow Fireangel is to make the lategame harder with mancubi. Maybe I will allow Fireangel if it proves to not be any more helpful defence wise than shottyhead against mancubi, arch viles, arachnotrons, revenants and other late game enemies.

This is now officially my most edited post:
1. The Hexacentahexadecihexal Lone Gunman Challenge! - Ao666 + AoMr
2. The Centurial Lone Gunman Challenge! - Ao100 + AoMr
3. The Centurial Lone Gunman Challenge! Now Depricated in Favour of Shotguns!
4. The Hobo with a Shotgun Challenge! - Ao100 + AoSh
5. Same Hobo with a Shotgun Challenge, but now you can play as Shottyhead if you like!
6. (This edit will come after this reply is posted): You can still get the Lone Gunman Badge, but you probably already have it.

Note: I will try and list winners of the challenges I made and their badges on this topic and the blade bandit topic.
[24|18|9|1|0|0]

Tormuse

• Elder
  • General
  • More Angelic than not
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2014, 20:22 »

Well, I might end up doing Army of the Dead anyway, but it's nice to have options.  :)

Question:  Can I use Nano mods if I don't turn them into an assembly?
[26/26/26/26/18/9]

Arron Syaoran

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2014, 20:38 »

Sure, as long as it's
A. not a Master Assembly
B. not an Armor mod that gives infinite/recharging durability, AND
C. If used on Armor and not weapons, then it cannot be an Advanced Assembly.

If it's not used as an assembly, then yes, nano packs are allowed for anything you want, as long as it doesn't make unbreakable/recharging armor.

Also, I'm considering changing the rules regarding armor mods, onyx mods and fireangel, depending on why I died so easily on this run:
http://forum.chaosforge.org/index.php/topic,7206.0.html
[24|18|9|1|0|0]

Tormuse

• Elder
  • General
  • More Angelic than not
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2014, 18:36 »

Just thought I'd share my first attempt at Demonic Legendary Shotgun Hobo Badge:

Spoiler: Mortem (click to show/hide)

I was doing well, with a 100% kill rate, (and got MAD trait!) up until I got cornered by an Arachnotron and Hell Knight and got drilled by the Arachnotron.  :(  I probably could have survived, with the use of a few of those med packs, if I'd made a run for it through the acid, but I was near the beginning of the level and I didn't know if there was something worse through there.  I'm gonna have to make another attempt at this later on; it takes me a long time to play through Ao100 and the weather report says there's a storm coming and I don't want to lose my game to a power failure.
[26/26/26/26/18/9]

Arron Syaoran

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2014, 18:58 »

Good Job! If you'd have doubled your dungeon level(with the same kill rate) and gotten to level 16, you'd have the Hobo Bronze Badge just like me!

And yes, I remember that you're the one who's notorious for being one of the few to lose a DoomRL Game to power failure.
Also, I just noticed that getting to level 8-9 on N! or even UV is harder than reaching 26 on HMP. I'll lower the requirement for Bronze/copper on UV/N! in future challenges(if i can come up with more)

Please note that I got the Bronze Hobo Badge the easy way: Level 26 on HMP. I'm currently playing as a Sharpshooter in Ao666 trying to get 3 things:
1. The Biggest F*ing Gun(BBFF)
2. The Experience Medal(Level 25)
3. At least the Lone Gunman Badge if not The Vash the Stampede Badge or YAAM.(Currently playing on HNTR)

Edit: Guess I'm not getting the Vash Badge. Has to be HMP or above. There's always Lone Gunman.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 21:16 by Arron Syaoran »
[24|18|9|1|0|0]

Tormuse

• Elder
  • General
  • More Angelic than not
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2014, 05:09 »

Well, I decided to give the Demonic Legendary Shotgun Hobo Badge another try.  It's going well so far, at dlevel 12 and pretty well stocked.  Funny thing:  Playing for 100% kills on N! Ao100 will take me to clevel 25 and I just calculated that in order to follow the rules of this challenge, since I can't get TaN, Triggerhappy, or Berserker, I'm going to have to take several levels of useless traits like Son of a Gun and Brute.  :P  (Okay Brute isn't 100% useless, but it's a shotgun challenge and using my fists without Berserker would be silly)  Hopefully, by the time I'm that high a level, it won't matter.  We'll see.  :)
[26/26/26/26/18/9]

Tormuse

• Elder
  • General
  • More Angelic than not
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2014, 21:21 »

Well, here's my Bronze Hobo Badge:

Spoiler: Mortem (click to show/hide)

It should've been a Demonic Legendary Shotgun Hobo Badge, except for an oversight at the end.  I had just started a Mancubus only level surrounded by Mancubi, which is an unpleasant situation in any game, but still shouldn't have been fatal with how prepared I was.  MAD blocks Hellrunner, so I was wearing the A-modded blue armour for extra speed, but this was a situation where I should've switched to the P-modded red armour.  (Or possibly the energy shield)  As it was, I thought I would be okay going around a corner where only one Mancubus could see me and a quick drilling from my Assault Shotgun took him out, but then another one came into view and he blew up my cover and in the same instant that my cover was destroyed, the other Mancubi fired too.  Apparently, somewhere in there, a barrel exploded too, which probably accelerated my demise.  My death was very sudden after several hours of painstaking gameplay, trying to remove every corpse.  It doesn't help my mood that I calculated it out and I would have survived if I had taken levels in Tough as Nails, which I would have if it wasn't forbidden by this challenge.  :|  Not that I'm bitter or anything, but I think I have to play something else for a while...

But on the plus side, I got Shottyman Bronze badge!  :D  Heheh, somehow I missed that one, probably because I went straight for the Shottyman Angelic badge in my previous game, which requires playing AoOC.
[26/26/26/26/18/9]
Pages: [1]