Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 03:20
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Found Dragonslayer but can't pick it up  (Read 6825 times)

Arron Syaoran

• Sergeant
  • Former Android(Now Human) Assassin
    • View Profile
Found Dragonslayer but can't pick it up
« on: August 31, 2014, 10:28 »

I just found Dragonslayer, but I can't pick it up.(Ao666) What Gives?

I already tried picking it up with G and U(neither work), I unequipped everything and killed everything(I think I still have YAAM status atm)

I have 5 Theories:
1. I need to be wielding the Rocket Launcher first.(Unfortunately none of them have spawned on this floor and I don't have one in inventory)
2. I need to go grab that Berserk Pack at some point.
3. I can just descend the stairs and it'll either automatically equip or I can find it again on a later floor.
4. I should commit suicide through either using Q or by killing myself by lava/acid and it'll equip automatically.
5. I should either blow up all the barrels or use up all the powerups on the current floor.

Are any of my five theories true? Or are all of them false?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 11:10 by Arron Syaoran »
Was forced to discard my Moustache, long hair and Bandana when I joined the UAC.
Hell Baron Major(0.9.9.7G)
[24|18|9|1|0|0]

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
  • High Caliber Consecrator
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
Re: Found Dragonslayer but can't pick it up
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 11:33 »

You won't get your answers here...

The secret behind the Dragonslayer is something of a legend in this community. You may get a hint every now and then, you may even find a player willing to PM you the solution, but you won't get your answers here...
[0.9.9.7G] Current: Hell Knight 1st Lieutenant [20/12/4/0/0/0]
High: Arch-Vile Lt. Colonel [25/21/12/2/1/0]

Arron Syaoran

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 12:21 »

I wasn't asking for a spoiler, I was asking for a hint. If I can't even get a hint then I can at least go with the theories I haven't tried yet(I tried 2 of them to no avail).

Edit: I'm going to go for Vash the Stampede Badge.(Ao666 with 90% Kills on HMP as a Pistol Master) This time I'll try either Gun Kata or Bullet Dance. Hopefully Dragonslayer doesn't spawn this time. I'm going to keep an extra pistol with me just in case.

Reddit: It's Kind of a(very huge) buzzkill to find dragonslayer and not be able to pick it up. The conditions for wielding it should be the same for it spawning in the first place in my opinion, which would mean that it would never spawn unless you met the conditions.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 12:58 by Arron Syaoran »
Was forced to discard my Moustache, long hair and Bandana when I joined the UAC.
[24|18|9|1|0|0]

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 13:41 »

I might be willing to give you a hint - and that's a big maybe in this case - but the fact is that I don't know how to wield it either. I used to feel disappointed by this, too, but the more I think about it the more I like the way this is handled, both by the game and by the community. Apparantly it's the latter who, by their own volition, have taken a secretive attitude towards it. Pretty great bunch of people, if you ask me :)

Apparently the solution is devastatingly easy, but that's about all I know.

emulord

• Sergeant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 14:26 »

I've never found the dragonslayer, but I *hate* that I can't find how to wield it if I even found it. Its straight up not on the internet, and I think that's absurd. Its actually made me not play DoomRL.
I always like playing games optimally, and if I found it I know that not being able to wield it is extremely suboptimal. Its almost as bad as a "pay to win" thing because there aren't even any clues. Im not about to go watch a anime for a clue either.

MaiZure

• Marketing/PR Ops Lead
  • Greater Elder
  • Major General
  • Retired 1-Star General (.993)
    • View Profile
    • Project repository
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 15:01 »

Its straight up not on the internet, and I think that's absurd.

If it were on the Internet, it would probably be stale information - the secret has changed every version. Or so I've heard...
Hell Knight 1st Lt. (.997)
[22/13/9/2/0]

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 15:58 »

TBH, I don't remember the conditions anymore. If I were to reimplement it, then ideally the condition should be randomly generated. I explicitly wanted it to be unspoilerable. Like in the dark times, before the internet.
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Tormuse

• Elder
  • General
  • More Angelic than not
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2014, 17:23 »

Reddit: It's Kind of a(very huge) buzzkill to find dragonslayer and not be able to pick it up...

Yes, I can identify with that feeling.  :)  I don't let it bother me any more, though.  Now, when I see Dragonslayer, I just move on and forget about it.  I don't think it's worth stressing over.  I know I will never get 100% completion of the game and I'm at peace with that.  There are plenty of other badges and medals to shoot for.  :)

That being said, I've received offers of hints and solutions from other members, (which I turned down) so I know you can get private help with it if you want.  (If those members are still active?)

Also, I think it's funny that KK's forgotten the requirements already!  :D
Apostle Chaos Lt. General (0.9.9.7)
[26/26/26/26/18/9]
Check out my Youtube channel for videos of me playing DRL!  :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXOijubEijdnrOja0kxXTKQ/videos

papilio

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2014, 18:12 »

the requirements are dumb and hard to guess.

how can you wield a very heavy stuff? that's the hint.
0.9.9.7 (after reset)
Cyberdemon Chaos Mjr. General
Medals: 43/43
Badges: 26/26/26/25/23/7[/color

VANDAM

• Elder
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2014, 18:34 »

TBH, I don't remember the conditions anymore. If I were to reimplement it, then ideally the condition should be randomly generated. I explicitly wanted it to be unspoilerable. Like in the dark times, before the internet.
So, it will all end like:
no dmg ||
pick soulsphere ||
be invuln ||
take one damage from former human on the same floor ||
nuke lvl ||
ahhh, I know, have 1 hp after cleaning the UC on n!
?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 18:36 by VANDAM »
[16/17] AAo666 left.^W
Deleted and started again.
[4/17] And now I've got AAo666 (hate this challenge very much).

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2014, 19:13 »

Your wish is my command, if I'm not so lazy.

Also, I think it's funny that KK's forgotten the requirements already!  :D

I blame it on the rest of us who keep mucking around with the source while he's not paying attention.  >.>
I computed, therefore I was.

Thiebs

• Elder
  • Sergeant
  • Totally Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2014, 02:43 »

I'm all for the randomization idea, just for the love of all that is nerdy, make the possible conditions actually achievable eithin the current game! No 'oops, I can only get it as a Scout. Too bad I chose Technician this game.'
0.9.9.7- Hell Baron 1st Lieutenant: (23|13|5|0|0)

Arron Syaoran

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2014, 14:45 »

If the conditions are to be random, might as well make it so that there's a chance on spawn for it to be wieldable period, and most chances will not be able to wield it.
As in like: For every time it spawns, have a 90-98% Chance for it to always fail at being wieldable no matter what, and a 2-10% chance to always succeed at wielding regardless of conditions. That way if you see it spawn and can't seem to wield it, you know you were never meant to wield it that time, and don't have to worry about conditions that you may never figure out.

As it currently is, Dragonslayer shouldn't be needed for a Medium-Hard Badge such as Gold. It should be for something harder, like Platinum or Diamond, especially since there's no spoilers to be found unless they're outdated. And if the requirements keep changing due to people figuring it out, then eventually you will run out of easy/near-obvious conditions for it and resort to methods so cryptic, NO ONE will figure it out.
[24|18|9|1|0|0]

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2014, 20:15 »

As it currently is, Dragonslayer shouldn't be needed for a Medium-Hard Badge such as Gold. It should be for something harder, like Platinum or Diamond, especially since there's no spoilers to be found unless they're outdated. And if the requirements keep changing due to people figuring it out, then eventually you will run out of easy/near-obvious conditions for it and resort to methods so cryptic, NO ONE will figure it out.

Agreed.
Pages: [1]