Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 06:42
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: AoB on HMP and U respectively  (Read 3337 times)

Supernaut

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
AoB on HMP and U respectively
« on: March 05, 2007, 09:43 »

After beating AoB challenge on normal I tried it on harder difficulities...

It was impossible to me to get past level 3. There are Demons and Former commandos everywhere!
Do you guys fight the whole levels? Do you use coward or aggresive tactics? How do you manage to get past level 3??? :)

BDR

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: AoB on HMP and U respectively
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 10:01 »

I'm pretty sure the running theme of AoB is "Run like hell for the stairs in coward mode until you find the CC, then grab the chainsaw and rip through the humans/cacos on the level, THEN start trying to actually kill things"...

But I haven't actually tried that yet, or even beaten AoB yet. :/

Supernaut

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 10:07 »

Hmmm its more than hard, because :
1. Some enemies chase you
2. Some enemies are faster than you
3. Sometimes you have to clear the level to find CC. This IS pain in neck. And by the way, someone had 90% kills in AoB challenge. How do you do this?

Fingerzam

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 11:42 »

Well, you can get monsters killing themselves in acid. You can try to use monsters to kill each other, sergeants kill everything in their line of fire with that shotgun. And you can just run, run and run until you have the chainsaw. You can probably get the best advise for melee by reading Blade's posts.

Styro

• Elder
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 14:45 »

AoB is very, very difficult on anything other than Medium (where it is pretty easy). Even after you get the chainsaw there are a lot of tough enemies early in the game. I have not successfully won an AoB Hard or UV game yet, although I have gotten pretty far in a couple Hard games.

But you are basically correct, you run on coward mode until Dlvl 3, where you start searching the level for the Chained Court stairs. If you are lucky, you find them quickly and don't use up all your healing. Then you hope that you get some relatively easy levels with lots of healing and armor until you can make ~clevel 4 so you have a couple levels of Berserk (the extra speed REALLY helps). The difficulty is that I am ususally so low on health that I have to take some Ironman and that means another level before I get Berserk.

Once you get to clevel ~6 so you have Brute 2+, Berserk 2+, and perhaps some Ironman or Hellrunner then it becomes more of a normal AoB game, but there are still plenty of things that can kill you even when you are being careful.
Arch-Vile Mjr General
[19/19/12/7/3]

Supernaut

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 02:37 »

I thought more about do you kill those demons / former commandos on dl 3? On dl 3 you can only find Hell's Arena (Unless it was on Dl2). CC comes first on levels 4 or even, if unlucky 5. My question is moreover how to survive demons and lost souls which are faster than you. Sometimes they block your way, and thats just pain, when you cant run through and lock the door. Hellrunner helps in being faster then pinky's, but then you dont choose brute, which is helpful vs lvl 1 enemies andformer humans. Tough challenge...

TFoN

• Colonel
  • Gleefully antisocial!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 03:03 »

That's why I take Hellrunner on clvl2. On the other hand, I'm not nearly the most successful melee player here, and that might be part of the reason :)
Pages: [1]