Chaosforge Forum

• March 29, 2024, 03:05
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: [M|96%|Win] YAFVP - shottyman path  (Read 11141 times)

TFoN

• Colonel
  • Gleefully antisocial!
    • View Profile
Re: [M|96%|Win] YAFVP - shottyman path
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2007, 10:30 »

You unlocked N!...? Are you sure that's not UV? I think N! requires an AoMr win [EDIT: corrected from "full win"] to have been done, but I'm not sure.

1 armor for 8 shots means 16% max HPs saved, assuming you're still at 50 max HPs. That's a huge difference, aspecially if you're shot at more than once. Anyway, consider that IM is a 20% increase from 50 HPs, so the match is at least close even at just one attack, but since use of those additional 10 HPs requires healing (often a full heal, otherwise you may stay beneath the 50 HP line), TaN is more likely to come in handy. On the other hand, if you're down to 2 HPs, are still in danger, have no access to healing and happen to level-up, IM can be a life-saver :)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 14:38 by TFoN »

Supernaut

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2007, 11:06 »

1 armor for 8 shots means 16% max HPs saved, assuming you're still at 50 max HPs. That's a huge difference, aspecially if you're shot at more than once.
Consider that there are 3 kinds of monsters that fire more than 1 bullet at a time. Though TaN may also come in handy when fighting huge groups of enemies. But I really don't think that 1/2/3 points of difference in the damage dealt to you by fx a demon or an AV will make much difference.

Zarin

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2007, 14:09 »

You unlocked N!...? Are you sure that's not UV? I think N! requires an AoMr full win to have been done, but I'm not sure.
Sorry for confusion, I unlocked UV indeed - which is quite an accomplishment for me, nonetheless.  I tried it once and got quite deep (around leve 8 or 9), but then had a very unfortunate turn of events when a Hell Knight blew a wall next to me, uncovering quite a few baddies behind it :(.

Anyway, this game is sure to keep me busy for the next few months if not more (since I generally suck at roguelikes).

TFoN

• Colonel
  • Gleefully antisocial!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2007, 14:52 »

Well, goodluck! Practice makes perfect, especially in the turn-based game world.

Consider that there are 3 kinds of monsters that fire more than 1 bullet at a time. Though TaN may also come in handy when fighting huge groups of enemies. But I really don't think that 1/2/3 points of difference in the damage dealt to you by fx a demon or an AV will make much difference.
To truly value the weight of TaN, try playing an entire game with no armor.
3 armor means 6% maxHPs saved, which is, among others, a good chunk off Caco hits. Also, since we can probably agree that 1 point of armor isn't much to rely on, consider that 3 armor is almost 4, meaning that with TaN(3) you have indestructable, weightless, stackable near-red armor on at all times. Together with red armor, that's 7 points, you reduce damage from all monster attacks by 14% maxHPs. AA puts you at 18%. What does our AV have to say about that?

Supernaut

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2007, 02:49 »

Well, goodluck! Practice makes perfect, especially in the turn-based game world.

To truly value the weight of TaN, try playing an entire game with no armor.
3 armor means 6% maxHPs saved, which is, among others, a good chunk off Caco hits. Also, since we can probably agree that 1 point of armor isn't much to rely on, consider that 3 armor is almost 4, meaning that with TaN(3) you have indestructable, weightless, stackable near-red armor on at all times. Together with red armor, that's 7 points, you reduce damage from all monster attacks by 14% maxHPs. AA puts you at 18%. What does our AV have to say about that?
That makes more sense. I usually don't take neither IM nor TaN though ;)

TFoN

• Colonel
  • Gleefully antisocial!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2007, 07:04 »

What's your common trait order?

Supernaut

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2007, 09:16 »

Re > Re > Sh > He > He > Re > Fi > Fi > (if got so many levels than I take IM, but usually don't)

TFoN

• Colonel
  • Gleefully antisocial!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2007, 13:27 »

I certainly suggest taking TaN instead of IM, which will become more relevant once you start nearing, and crossing, the clvl10 line (HMP and UV ~100%-kill games).
Pages: 1 [2]  All