Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 23:00
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: cant get 100% kills?  (Read 3799 times)

flamewolf393

• Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
cant get 100% kills?
« on: January 16, 2015, 10:49 »

So Im trying to go the 100% kills on any game bronze medal, but no matter how many times I clear *every* level till the name is blue, it always says I missed exactly 1 enemy. What is going on? Am I missing something, or is this a bug?

Steve

• Supporter of Chaos
  • Corporal
  • Misplaced Soul
    • View Profile
Re: cant get 100% kills?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 11:18 »

I know that on some special levels (eg. hell's armory, containment zone) the level gets cleared causing the name to turn blue, and then some new enemies pop up and the name doesn't stop being blue. Is it possible this is what is going on? It is also possible that you cold have pulled a lever that makes enemies after a level has been cleared, however this is pretty obvious when it happens so I doubt that this is your problem.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 12:02 by Steve »
You found the chain-rocket launcher!

papilio

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 06:47 »

No, it's not a bug. Check it more frequently and carefully.

Sweep a level -> Check the killrate by '@' ->
if kill rate is not 100%, sweep the level again -> Check the killrate by '@' -> pass through the stairs -> ...
0.9.9.7 (after reset)
Cyberdemon Chaos Mjr. General
Medals: 43/43
Badges: 26/26/26/25/23/7[/color

flamewolf393

• Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 12:00 »

I didnt know about the @ command, thx. Also didnt know there was anyway for enemies to spawn after map creation on anything lower than nightmare?

Its not anything to do with special levels anyway. I do runs without a single special level and it still happens, but I will give it another go now that I know of the @ command.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 12:01 by flamewolf393 »

ZicherCZ

• Chaos Knight
  • Supporter of Chaos
  • Brigadier General
  • YADJHG - Yet Another Dead JupiterHellGuy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 03:16 »

I didnt know about the @ command, thx. Also didnt know there was anyway for enemies to spawn after map creation on anything lower than nightmare?

Its not anything to do with special levels anyway. I do runs without a single special level and it still happens, but I will give it another go now that I know of the @ command.
Looking at @ screen right after entering new level is a good practice as well. If you had a 100% killrate before entering a level, you know exactly how many enemies are present on the new one.
And not only that - in Hell and especially on HMP/UV, the count of enemies gives a hint about what they are (a very low number suggests a Archviles/Revenants/Mancubi packs, while a very large one suggests baron+formers packs or pain elementals with an envoy of lost souls).
And it also shows your movement, fire and reload speeds, which are always good to know.

About those special levels, try them. They are usually harder in some way than a normal level on a corresponding depth, but usually the rewards are quite nice.
DoomRL 0.997: Cyberdemon Brigadier General - Games: 217, Wins: 2/5/3/6/0, Medals: 18, Specials: 64, Asm: 39, Badges: 19/17/16/5/1/Are you kidding?
Jupiter Hell: Inner Circle - first tech build reached and working
Pages: [1]