Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 13:39
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Updated manual keybindings for quick swap of all weapons.  (Read 2968 times)

BrickGun

• Supporter of Chaos
  • Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
    • BrickGun

I've updated Evilpotatoe's excellent manual keybindings to allow quick swaps of all weapons in 0.9.9.7.
Original thread: http://forum.chaosforge.org/index.php/topic,6115.msg52888.html#msg52888

I made a few tweaks to his/her layout to group things in a way that makes sense to me and to include the new uniques which were added in release 0.9.9.7.

You can drop the following into your keybindings.lua file (found in your DoomRL base directory). You'll want to wipe out any old bindings that might conflict with these.
The concept is simple, you just use CTRL-ALT along with the appropriate letter/symbol on the keyboard to quick swap any weapon the same way the standard 1-0 keys allow swapping of standard/assembled weapons.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've provided both a graphic and excel spreadsheet showing my layout for reference while playing. I tried to group things similar to the paradigm EP set up, keeping like weapons vertically arranged in groups.

I tested them all and they work for me. Let me know if you have any feedback.

Thanks guys!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 06:52 by BrickGun »
(0.9.9.7) Hell Knight Warrant Officer
[M:116 11/43] [I:248 51/67] [A:144 24/40] [22/7/3/0/0]

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
Re: Updated manual keybindings for quick swap of all weapons.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 17:32 »

Holy-

I need to add this to my key bindings.  Or maybe even in the repo.

Maybe.

* thelaptop goes all thoughtful
I computed, therefore I was.
Pages: [1]