Other Roguelikes > AliensRL

AliensRL

(1/2) > >>

Elethiomel:
Why isn't there an AliensRL topic yet?

Anyway, I really like many aspects of AliensRL as it is right now. Weapon balance seems about right and you must really hunt for ammo until you find a good store of weapons of different sorts. As a 7DRL it has lots of polish.

But the thing I love to death about it is the interface. It's smooth, and even though I love a "remember where you've been" function in roguelikes, having the blueprints of the building visible outside your LOS really adds to that "I'm in known territory but I don't know what the hell else is in here with me" feeling.

Karry:

--- Quote ---having the blueprints of the building visible outside your LOS really adds to that "I'm in known territory but I don't know what the hell else is in here with me" feeling.
--- End quote ---
Yes, except that its absolutely painful to navigate all these corridors without "run" function.

Interface and whole design is definitely something to like, but i have my doubts about the gameplay.

Kornel Kisielewicz:
Maaaan, it was done in 7 Days, where do you think I could have dropped in playtesting? :P

Karry:
Not touching the playtesting yet, i'm talking about the longevity and the...novelty, of the whole idea.

Styro:
It is amazing how much is in there considering the short time frame. I was surprised (and very pleased) to hear the sounds when I started playing. The sounds make a huge difference.

But that also means that you have yet another game to improve and maintain. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version