Other Roguelikes > AliensRL

AliensRL 7DRL PLUS released!

(1/10) > >>

Kornel Kisielewicz:
After playing the game (finaly had time for that :) ) I noticed several imbalances, and the need for two features (Danger Level and Look Mode with alien wound information), so I quickly prepared a 7DRL PLUS version. Also, there was no readme.txt with credit and future development information (which somehow dissapeared the last release :/). The new version can be downloaded from the game's website:

http://alien.chaosforge.org/

Also, the first reports showed me, that people had misunderstood a little on how the game's supposed to be played. You're NOT expected to explore every level. Focus on the mission objective, and only gather the neccessary items for it. In this version the complex get's more dangerous over time to support this idea.

Changes:

* added increasing danger level and random spawn
* look mode and look when firing (with wound status)
* decreased M56 and M41A damage
* decreased M56 and 44 ammo spawn rate (increased others)
* turncount in mortem
* default name added
* you can no longer close a door on an alien
* two typos fixed
Have fun and post your mortems :D

DaEezT:
yay \o/

Anticheese:
Neat!

What will we see in ARL++?

Karry:

--- Quote ---You're NOT expected to
explore every level. Focus on the mission objective, and only gather the
neccessary items for it.
--- End quote ---

Its kinda self-contradicting. You're not expected to explore, but you're expected to find items by means of - yes, exploring. And since the doors cant be closed anymore, the amount of items found before death will be much smaller...
Go to level 8 he says...i havent seen any elevators, and have no idea where they can be. I just wander aimlessly, to some radiation place, and whatnot, the purpose of the level layout is pretty unclear to me.

Malek Deneith:

--- Quote ---And since the doors cant be closed anymore
--- End quote ---
They CAN be closed but not when an alien is standing on the door.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version