Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 15:24
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: AliensRL 7DRL PLUS released!  (Read 27058 times)

Karry

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: AliensRL 7DRL PLUS released!
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2007, 15:14 »

Give me a reason...to kill.

Besides surviving.
My thoughts exactly.

Anyway, maybe its just me, but when i killed everything that moved in security tower lv.1 - i couldnt find anything looking remotely like elevator. Is it really just a single "=" on the map, somewhere in hard-reached corner ? I walked over the level twice, nothing.

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor Emeritus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2007, 15:23 »

The elevator looks like this:

===
===
===

It is really damn hard to miss those especially, since you see them even if you didn't enter the room it is in. So either you got buggy map generation, or you missed a part of the level.
Inquisition - saving your soul, one bolter shell at a time.
Spoiler: "Hackmaster Kills" (click to show/hide)

Karry

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2007, 16:16 »

Nope, couldnt possibly miss NINE tiles, opened all doors, checked all rooms, no sign of it. Guess its a bug, then.

RepoRipper

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2007, 20:21 »

umm, Kornel. BIG problem. Armor. HOW DO U CHANGE ARMOR??? it doesnt say anywhere, and if u just pick it up, it says that u are already wearing armor! oh by the way add armor damaging, but make it simple, like 2 points per armor, and depending on armor, lower chance to be damaged, cuz i found like 10 flak jackets on the first level.

EDIT: oops, almost forgot! ADD A FIST ATTACK! but make it weakass, but enough to keep off that dammed lone juvenile after u ran outa ammo, so u can survive just long enough to get to a diff gun or some ammo. simply make it last-ditch, ie it can only be used if u have no ammo at all for any of ur three weapons, nor any grenades!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 20:25 by RepoRipper »

Anticheese

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2007, 20:56 »

A fist attack? You really think that even the juvenile aliens which take at least 3 shots from an expert marksman to kill would even be remotely fazed by fists?

--

You pick up armour by pressing the "g" button while over it. If you are already wearing the same type of armour you are trying to pick up then of course you won't pick up a new one. Armour degradation does not
exist in ARL.

--

Just because an elevator might not be in the tower you are in now doesn't mean there is not one in a nearby tower...

RepoRipper

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2007, 21:21 »

fist- i know. it just seems that u always have a lot of medpaks, and little ammo. if u have 10 medpaks and no ammo, a fist seems good, especially if, as a marine, ur standard outfit has a built in brass knuckle, which makes sense. also a fist has a lot better chance to hit better, even if it still doesnt do much more than "hurt" to "injured" or whatever.
armor- oops, im a dodo. but arent aliens supposed to have acid blood, if so the splatter should damage armor somewhat. (after all, it ate through everything in sight in the movies)
Elevator- ummmm, i didnt realize.....

Anticheese

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2007, 21:43 »

Yeah the aliens have acid blood. It's just that marines know how to walk around it. In IVAN it can be a pain in the ass to walk around acidic blood. Stupid dark frogs.

And once again..Bullets hardly hurt them, why should a brass knuckle? Almost ALL aliens have some pretty serious armour on them..

RepoRipper

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2007, 21:58 »

one more thing, what is the Heavy weapon spawn rate, cuz i cant find any! nor can i find the pulse rifle!

zaimoni

• Greater Elder
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2007, 22:47 »

it just seems that u always have a lot of medpaks, and little ammo.

It depends on how you play.  I generally have the opposite problem (occasionally uncomfortably low or out of medpaks and both kinds of grenades, never uncomfortably low on conventional ammo for both sidearm and primary weapon, invariably lots of ammo for heavy weapon if I get that far).

BDR

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2007, 23:23 »

Nope, couldnt possibly miss NINE tiles, opened all doors, checked all rooms, no sign of it. Guess its a bug, then.

It's not a bug.  You just didn't realize that elevators aren't in every tower on every floor.  Otherwise, after going through the Storage tower for ammo you could get into the Main tower and go pretty well straight up and only need to worry about hunters/the odd group of enemies in the rooms around the elevator.

The upshot of this is that in order to get to the next floor, you have to try different towers sometimes; you can't wander around the same one and expect to find the elevator up.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 23:27 by BDR »

Karry

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2007, 00:48 »

You just didn't realize that elevators aren't in every tower on every floor.
Well, thats just stupid. How i am supposed to know where the damn thing is ? I guess Kornel was waaaay too hasty, when he declared this as "playable".

torch

• Elder
  • Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2007, 02:47 »

The elevator looks like this:

===
===
===

It is really damn hard to miss those especially, since you see them even if you didn't enter the room it is in. So either you got buggy map generation, or you missed a part of the level.

It looks darker than that in the game (to my eyes anyway).  I also take the point that there are only 16 colours.  I shall adjust my monitor accordingly. 

Interesting discussion points about the motion tracker.  Finding that balance will be a challenge.  Perhaps the player has to start looking for batteries or recharge points to keep using it.  Three goes per one battery, something like that. 

On another note, a colleague looked over my shoulder yesterday lunch time and couldn't understand why I was playing a game made of ascii characters.  Poor deluded fellow. 
the monsters are looking forward to your make-believe visit

Fingerzam

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2007, 03:13 »

Just had a crash.

Code: [Select]
                    An unhandled exception occurred at $00410CA5
EDivByZero : Division by zero
  $00410CA5  TLEVEL__TICK,  line 112 of ablevel.pas
  $0042DE36  TAREA__TICK,  line 84 of abarea.pas
  $00401DC1  TWORLD__TICK,  line 105 of abworld.pas
  $00401649  TGAME__RUN,  line 47 of abmain.pas
  $00401067  main,  line 8 of abrl.pas

I was reloading my combatshotty when this happened.

TFoN

• Colonel
  • Gleefully antisocial!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2007, 04:44 »

Already posted it.

Okay, I fixed the bug, but don't know when to post the fix :>
You gotta' be kidding me :P

Fist attacks make no sense at all - even if the attack would somehow make it through, the subsequent lack of a hand would make going on rather pointless. That is, if the poor guy would ever recover from the pain.
At the very most, give the marines a standard issue cattle-prod :)

Santiago Zapata

• Temple Guardian
  • Backer
  • First Lieutenant
  • Roguelike Developer
    • View Profile
    • Slashie.net
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2007, 06:52 »

You just didn't realize that elevators aren't in every tower on every floor.
Well, thats just stupid. How i am supposed to know where the damn thing is ? I guess Kornel was waaaay too hasty, when he declared this as "playable".

Ellevators are in all floors, putting one of these in all towers would surely make exploration unneeded and take all the spice out of the game.
Slash (Castlevania, Metroid, Drash, ZeldaRL)
Temple of The Roguelike
Slashie.net
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All