Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 02:45
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Hey y'all, it's been quiet.  (Read 10179 times)

Blahness

• Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Hey y'all, it's been quiet.
« on: September 27, 2015, 16:59 »

Long time, no see.

How has everyone been doing?

When I first played doomRL, I was in my last year of high school.  I'm now a college graduate, and doomRL's been a huge amount of fun I've consistently come back to. Wanted to say, thank you for the hundreds of hours of good fun.  Helped me get through some rough times.

Hope everyone's doing well!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 17:45 by Blahness »

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
Re: Hey y'all, it's been quiet.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 20:34 »

Hey!  Nice to hear another live soul!  I think most of us are just lurking about waiting for the Next Big Thing.

I mean, even the God Hand is busy at work on it and is rarely here.  =)
I computed, therefore I was.

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 03:00 »

Oh, he's on here constantly. Just working instead of writing posts :).
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Tormuse

• Elder
  • General
  • More Angelic than not
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 16:21 »

I still lurk here a lot; I generally take a peek at this site once a day, even if I don't post anything.  I haven't been playing much, though.

When I first played doomRL, I was in my last year of high school.  I'm now a college graduate, and doomRL's been a huge amount of fun I've consistently come back to. Wanted to say, thank you for the hundreds of hours of good fun.  Helped me get through some rough times.

I can identify with the part about rough times; I've remarked, in the past, that DoomRL was sort of therapy for me.  I don't know how constructive a coping mechanism it is, but nevertheless, my biggest DoomRL binges coincided with negative events in my life, like loss of job and loss of relationship.  This doesn't mean I only play when I'm sad; it's fun during good times too, but there's definitely something comforting about the game during troubled times.

As for right now, I'm paying the bills by working at Wal-Mart.  I don't really want to end up stuck working here, but I'm also finding myself afraid of change and I'm putting off looking for a job in my field.  I'm trained as a massage therapist and we're coming up to the busy time of year for that profession, so I'm hoping I can get over this emotional block that's keeping me from seeking work soon.

That's probably more information than you were hoping for when you asked how we're doing.  Sorry, I can get a bit wordy sometimes.  :P
Apostle Chaos Lt. General (0.9.9.7)
[26/26/26/26/18/9]
Check out my Youtube channel for videos of me playing DRL!  :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXOijubEijdnrOja0kxXTKQ/videos

Steve

• Supporter of Chaos
  • Corporal
  • Misplaced Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2015, 17:13 »

It has been kinda quiet lately. Truth be told, there hasn't been much chaos forge related news lately, but I guess that's no excuse for me staying in the shadows so long.  I generally check in every couple days in the hopes that there is some new info on Jupiter hell (which I am very exited about), but I rarely feel the need to say anything.

also, I am doing very well ^.^
You found the chain-rocket launcher!

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 02:46 »

Most excellent.  Keep up the [good?] work.

* thelaptop hides his Stormbolter

I generally check in every couple days in the hopes that there is some new info on Jupiter hell (which I am very exited about), but I rarely feel the need to say anything.
Me too, though I'm on to perma-ban stupid spammers.  Heheh.  Very cathartic.

That's probably more information than you were hoping for when you asked how we're doing.  Sorry, I can get a bit wordy sometimes.  :P
Not really.  I think the one thing that our forums hasn't done much is establish that there is more behind the handle than a DoomRL/BerserkRL/AliensRL afficionado.  It is heartening to realise that there is a person behind the name sometimes.  Hope you've found your way back to some form of normalcy, if not, go kill more hellspawn.  =)
I computed, therefore I was.

Tormuse

• Elder
  • General
  • More Angelic than not
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 16:14 »

It is heartening to realise that there is a person behind the name sometimes.

Maybe I should put more personal commentary in my videos, then.  :D

Hope you've found your way back to some form of normalcy, if not, go kill more hellspawn.  =)

Maybe I can do both?  :D

I've been thinking of seeing if I can do a Shottyman Angelic speedrun lately.  I find that I mostly don't have the energy to do long, drawn-out Nightmare! games because I feel compelled to record everything in case I do something awesome and I find setting up the recording and regularly checking and double-checking mic levels and otherwise making sure nothing's going wrong with the recording is quite exhausting.  Like I feel like I can't just pick up and play the game any more.

I don't know where I'm going with this; probably just whining.  :P  I guess I'm saying the whole recording part of it is taking some of the fun out of the game, but I don't want to stop because I'm afraid I might miss something.  I guess I'm just my own worst enemy.  :)
Apostle Chaos Lt. General (0.9.9.7)
[26/26/26/26/18/9]
Check out my Youtube channel for videos of me playing DRL!  :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXOijubEijdnrOja0kxXTKQ/videos

ZicherCZ

• Chaos Knight
  • Supporter of Chaos
  • Brigadier General
  • YADJHG - Yet Another Dead JupiterHellGuy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2015, 08:22 »

Speaking of which - any news you would perhaps like to share?
DoomRL 0.997: Cyberdemon Brigadier General - Games: 217, Wins: 2/5/3/6/0, Medals: 18, Specials: 64, Asm: 39, Badges: 19/17/16/5/1/Are you kidding?
Jupiter Hell: Inner Circle - first tech build reached and working

Blahness

• Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2015, 22:50 »

I'm glad to see everyone's doing well.  Keep on being awesome. :)
Pages: [1]