Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 12:55
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Gameplay & Mechanics  (Read 13328 times)

Tao_Taoz

• Private FC
    • View Profile
Re: Gameplay & Mechanics
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2007, 17:26 »

I had the MP7 in mind as a good replacement weapon that you could use to base your ideas off of. ---->> http://world.guns.ru/smg/smg49-e.htm :D:D:D:P

idk. dosn't really matter to me.

cept I really like that idea of shoot less bullets per skill level as you were saying before.
maybe start out with the untrained person firing full auto at the target until either the clip runs dry, the creature dies or another target appears within a closer range.....maybe.. just throwing this stuff out there.

alriht!... leahffv me aloewn... imh juss sloppey..

Zephyre Syx

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2007, 19:02 »

There still a gap between exploration, item hunting and alien grinding.  What other activities might be available besides the quests that might help.  ...pfft.  Well, to me not very much.  We still got tech that's not implemented yet.

I'll leave y'all guys alone.
"Nah, it's not that those ideas are bad, I'm just trying to show you why I think my way of thinking is better."
-Kornel Kisielewicz

TFoN

• Colonel
  • Gleefully antisocial!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2007, 09:43 »

I tend to agree with Tao_Taoz's points:
  • More skill levels at lower costs
  • Less durable aliens
  • Implementing cards, explosives, welders and that device used to override security measures are all important

I'm really looking forward to having automated weapon systems throughout the towers, and to being able to disable/enable them, as well as to being able to turn them on the right targets. That'll certainly give Technical skill a sweet use :)

DaEezT

• Local Inquisitor
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2007, 12:41 »

Sadly, I currently don't have the time to write long replies.

About the MP7 and weapon naming in general: We just put names on the guns for show. We could simply call it a "SMG" and be done with it ;)
Also, the Aliens universe isn't as clean and futuristic as, say, Star Trek. One smart gun guy in the movie carried a shotty as backup weapon. Also, we have civilians in the towers and I doubt they'd freely hand out armor piercing ammo (like the 4.6mm ammo used by the MP7) to civilians, so 9mm/12g/.44magnum are perfectly fine imo.

Less HP for the player: Would be ok now because the game is quite short. But once it has more levels and objectives the HP will have to be high enough to prevent too frustrating game play. It would really suck if you spent 5hrs just to be one-shotted by an enemy.

Less HP for Aliens: You wish :p

More skill levels: Having more levels would be nice in the long run and will surely find their way in once some new features found their way into the game.

"Morality is merely a convention with which men mutually agree to delude themselves. There are no moral facts, just preferences, and one is no better than any other."

Tao_Taoz

• Private FC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2007, 22:35 »

Sadly, I currently don't have the time to write long replies.

About the MP7 and weapon naming in general: We just put names on the guns for show. We could simply call it a "SMG" and be done with it ;)
Also, the Aliens universe isn't as clean and futuristic as, say, Star Trek. One smart gun guy in the movie carried a shotty as backup weapon. Also, we have civilians in the towers and I doubt they'd freely hand out armor piercing ammo (like the 4.6mm ammo used by the MP7) to civilians, so 9mm/12g/.44magnum are perfectly fine imo.

ahhhahh..touché.

anyway, I'm not trying to make the game easier by having SOME of them with less damage.
you can still make them dish out more damage while at the same time getting slowed down by your injuries.
with their slightly faster speeds and their splashing acid blood damage.
and having them spawn from more random directions down hallways and such. thats what I love about hunters.

randomly having them stalk us or rush us (with periods of peaceness) and ocasionaly overwhelm us with numbers forcing us to to fire and run (which should be a feature at some point). but whatever, moving on...

so rather then decrease the players hp, you should increase the damage aliens do and possibly reduce the amount of medicpacks from 10 to 3 and 7 for medics.

perhaps at some point replace the idea of single use packs with only being able to carry a single pack that starts at a 100% and becomes drained with each use.
picking up new ones would refil yours (i.e. refiing your 46% pack to 100% while draining the one on the ground leaving it at 54%).

With each level of training in medical you'll lose less of a percentage per use while being able to stuff even more supplies at higher levels allowing you to surpass the 100% mark. (idk, like  105%, 110% and so on til whatever amount...130% at max?)

Shotguns and 9mm rounds don't need to do more damage but shotguns should certainly hold them back from advancing as quickly.
perhaps making them miss a turn with the added slowness effect once their damaged enough..I guess...idk about Workers though.
but you'll figure something out.
as for them smaller creatures like juveniles(<-chestbursters? or...) and facehuggers(they even in the game?) they should be harder to hit but have far less health.

hmmm....  on that note... if a facehugger gets too close to you you shouldn't be able to move unless you successfully kill it. and maybe have to switch to your primary before doing so... for them close encounters and all. :/
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 23:04 by Tao_Taoz »
alriht!... leahffv me aloewn... imh juss sloppey..
Pages: 1 [2]  All