Jupiter Hell > General Discussion

Status Update : November 2015

<< < (2/5) > >>

Kornel Kisielewicz:
Don't worry, I cannot imagine the game leaving Alpha without a chainsaw.

Thiebs:
Yes.

thelaptop:

--- Quote from: Kashi on December 04, 2015, 09:23 ---More like JupiterGuy, or HellGuy, I'd say. But there is a distinct lack of melee weapons there, indeed.

--- End quote ---

JoveGuy.  I'm calling 'im that from now on.  Join me if you want?

Tormuse:
I don't know...  I like the ancient Roman influence of the name Joveguy, but it doesn't roll off the tongue as well as Doomguy.  Maybe a new nickname will develop naturally as we learn more about the game.  :)

Also, I have a question, (since it came up before about DoomRL) will there be female playable characters in Jupiter Hell?

thelaptop:

--- Quote from: Tormuse on December 19, 2015, 17:46 ---I don't know...  I like the ancient Roman influence of the name Joveguy, but it doesn't roll off the tongue as well as Doomguy.  Maybe a new nickname will develop naturally as we learn more about the game.  :)

Also, I have a question, (since it came up before about DoomRL) will there be female playable characters in Jupiter Hell?

--- End quote ---

Under the plated armour, you can be anyone you want to be.  I think the primary issue we had earlier in DoomRL was that the verb "to be" was hard coded to the extent that it was unsuitable/breaks the illusion of choice for using a female character.  Maybe if that is looked into and supported code-wise (with the whole i18n stuff which I'm sure Kornel is working on, right?) it would be easy to support this.

And yes, i18n is important.  I think there was a group trying to do a russian translation of DoomRL and were faced with major roadblocks and what-not since that was never taken into account.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version