Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 05:50
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [E|100%|YAAM|YAFW] Dual Chainsword Murder Time II: Oops, I Did It Again!  (Read 2471 times)

Bonedaddy

• Lance Corporal
  • Devil Slayer
    • View Profile

So just a few runs after my first successful Carmack kill, I went and did it again. This time, I went with a Malicious Blades build, the same kind of build that resulted in my first melee win against Spidey (see Dual Chainsword Murder Time).

--------------------------------------------------------------
 DoomRL (0.9.9.7) roguelike post-mortem character dump

Marcel Hawke, level 10 Cacodemon Sergeant Technician,
 nuked the Mastermind at the Hell Fortress.
 He survived 113193 turns and scored 53823 points.
 He played for 2 hours, 45 minutes and 34 seconds.
 He was too young to die!

He killed 556 out of 556 hellspawn. (100%)
 This ass-kicking marine killed all of them!

-- Special levels --------------------------------------------

Levels generated : 7
  Levels visited   : 6
  Levels completed : 6

-- Awards ----------------------------------------------------

Medal of Prejudice
  UAC Star (bronze cluster)
  Hell Champion Medal

-- Graveyard -------------------------------------------------

###########################################################
  ..........................................................#
  ....................................................|.....#
  .................................................|||||....#
  ..................................................||}.|...#
  ...................................................|X.|...#
  ###########################################################

-- Statistics ------------------------------------------------

Health 42/50   Experience 46950/10
  ToHit Ranged +0  ToHit Melee +6  ToDmg Ranged +0  ToDmg Melee +9

-- Traits ----------------------------------------------------

Class : Technician

Finesse          (Level 2)
    Hellrunner       (Level 2)
    Brute            (Level 3)
    Juggler          (Level 1)
    Dodgemaster      (Level 1)
    Malicious Blades (Level 1)

Bru->HR->Bru->HR->DM->Fin->MMB->Jug->Fin->Bru->

-- Equipment -------------------------------------------------

[a] [ Armor      ]   blue armor [2] (O)
    [b] [ Weapon     ]   chainsword (8d2)
    [c] [ Boots      ]   tactical boots [0/0] (100%)
    [d] [ Prepared   ]   chainsword (8d2)

-- Inventory -------------------------------------------------

[a] tactical shotgun (8d3) [4/5]
    [b] micro launcher (5d5) [1/1]
    [c] minigun (1d6)x8 [144/200] (S1)
    [d] BFG 9000 (10d6) [130/130] (B1)
    [e] red armor [6/6] (100%) (P)
    [f] phaseshift armor [2/2] (89%) (A)
    [g] shotgun shell (x29)
    [h] shotgun shell (x50)
    [i] shotgun shell (x50)
    [j] shotgun shell (x50)
    [k] rocket (x10)
    [l] power cell (x50)
    [m] power cell (x50)
    [n] power cell (x50)
    [o] large med-pack
    [p] envirosuit pack
    [q] hatred skull

-- Resistances -----------------------------------------------

Bullet     - internal 0%    torso 50%   feet 50% 
    Melee      - internal 0%    torso 75%   feet 75% 
    Shrapnel   - internal 0%    torso 50%   feet 50% 
    Fire       - internal 0%    torso 50%   feet 50% 
    Plasma     - internal 0%    torso 20%   feet 0%   

-- Kills -----------------------------------------------------

87 former humans
    55 former sergeants
    3 former captains
    76 imps
    70 demons
    182 lost souls
    18 cacodemons
    16 hell knights
    8 barons of hell
    6 arachnotrons
    2 former commandos
    12 pain elementals
    9 revenants
    4 mancubi
    2 bruiser brothers
    1 lava elemental
    1 agony elemental
    1 Cyberdemon
    1 Spider Mastermind
    1 John Carmack
    1 Arena Master

-- History ---------------------------------------------------

He started his journey on the surface of Phobos.
  On level 2 he entered Hell's Arena.
  He left the Arena as a champion!
  On level 5 he assembled a micro launcher!
  On level 5 he stormed the Chained Court.
  He defeated the Hell Arena Master!
  On level 5 he found the Arena Master's Staff!
  On level 7 he assembled a tactical boots!
  On level 7 he assembled a chainsword!
  On level 7 he sneaked into the Phobos Lab.
  On level 7 he assembled a chainsword!
  He broke through the lab.
  On level 8 he encountered the Phobos Anomaly.
  On level 11 he assembled a tactical shotgun!
  On level 12 he romped upon the Abyssal Plains.
  He slaughtered the beasts living there.
  On level 14 he ventured into the Halls of Carnage.
  On level 16 he found the Tower of Babel!
  On level 22 he arrived at Mt. Erebus.
  He managed to raise Mt. Erebus completely!
  Then at last he found Dis!
  He nuked level 24!
  He defeated the Mastermind and found the TRUE EVIL!
  Then finally in Hell itself, he killed the final EVIL.

-- Messages --------------------------------------------------

The lost soul hits you.
 You hit John Carmack. You hit John Carmack. The lost soul hits you.
 You hit John Carmack. You hit John Carmack. You are hit! The lost soul dies.
 The lost soul dies. The lost soul dies. The lost soul dies. The lost soul
 hits you. The lost soul hits you.
 You use a large med-pack. You feel fully healed.
 You hit John Carmack. You hit John Carmack. The lost soul hits you. The lost
 soul hits you. John Carmack reloads his rocket launcher.
 You hit John Carmack. You hit John Carmack. The lost soul hits you. The lost
 soul hits you. The lost soul hits you. The lost soul hits you.
 You hit John Carmack. You hit John Carmack. The lost soul hits you. Carmack
 raises his hands and summons hellspawn!
 You hit John Carmack. You hit John Carmack. The lost soul hits you.
 You hit John Carmack. John Carmack dies. Congratulations! You defeated John
 Carmack! Press <Enter>...
 You feel relatively safe now.

-- General ---------------------------------------------------

92 brave souls have ventured into Phobos:
 81 of those were killed.
 And 5 couldn't handle the stress and committed a stupid suicide.

6 souls destroyed the Mastermind...
 2 sacrificed itself for the good of mankind.
 2 killed the bitch and survived.
 2 showed that it can outsmart Hell itself.

Just like before, the boomsticks were my primary workhorse through the earlier parts of the game. I only got one combat knife on Level 2 this time, but unlike my last Malicious Blades run, I went through Hell's Arena, using my shotgun to blast through demon after demon until I emerged victorious. After getting my hands on my second combat knife on Level 3, my next few levels before the Chained Court were spent luring zombies and imps out of their hidey-holes and making with the stabbity. When I got to the Chained Court, after killing the monsters to the right, I grabbed up the Chainsaw with the free berserk and just went full tilt toward the Arena Master, tearing up everyone in my way before ending him. Then I healed up using one of my health packs before dealing with the assorted scum surrounding me. I used both of my Tech Mods to turn my Rocket Launcher into a Mini Launcher before grabbing up the Bulk Mod pack. The Chainsaw became my primary weapon through the rest of Phobos, and as I battled my way through, I got two more mod packs, a Power Mod pack and a Bulk Mod pack by the time I made it to the Phobos Lab. So I turned one of my knives into a Chainsword, and got another Power Mod when I finished up on that level, turning my other knife into a Chainsword as well. I took down both Barons by doing the corner-shooting tactic again, though this time, I was using a Combat Shotgun instead of the Tac Shotgun, so both Bruisers ate chainsaw when they got close enough for melee.

For the first part of Deimos, my main weapon wasn't the Chainswords, but the Chainsaw. I kept the Combat Shotgun in reserve for dealing with Shotgun Guys and other assorted assholes who wouldn't come out of their hidey-holes, including a few Hell Knights which did nasty damage. I passed by the Containment Area again because the Backpack isn't helpful for a melee build, even though I had a rocket launcher. The level before the Abyssal Plains, I finally got enough mods to turn my Combat Shotgun into a Tac Shotgun, which I used whenever the Chainsaw wasn't appropriate for the situation. The Abyssal Plains were the battle that saw me hit Malicious Blades again, this time right as I was beginning the battle with the Agony Elemental, which I had a nasty time with the last time I went through it with my shotgun and my melee build. With my Master trait now in effect, I pulled out both of my Chainswords and went to town on everything standing. The Chainswords can tear through Lost Souls with a single hit, Pain Elementals with several hits, and the Agony Elemental went down in five or six hits.

The second part had me going through another badass moment (namely, putting down four ass-munch demons in rapid succession with the Chainswords, when previously, I would need my chainsaw and two hits in order to put each of them down). It also saw me finding and assembling two key pieces of equipment. The first was a sniper-modded minigun, as well as a set of modded armor. The minigun saw use against the zombies during my run through the Halls of Carnage, while the Chainswords took out the Cacos and the Demons in my way. Like my last big run, I waited for the lava to take down anything I missed, though I did have to venture out and take care of the remaining demons to the right of my position. After grabbing the BFG, I got out of Dodge. Unlike the last time I fought the Cyberdemon with the Chainswords, he had plenty of time to prepare, so we slugged it out man-to-man (well, man-to-demon) until he went down.

I did not face any archviles in Hell this time around, and very few spiders. Unfortunately, I did have to tangle with a handful of Mancubi, as well as some Barons of Hell to go along with the Hellknights, along with enough zombies, imps, Lost Souls and Pain Elementals to give my chainswords a workout. It was very touch and go for a moment, particularly against several Barons and Knights that were taking off roughly 30 or so health per fireball, and my Hatred Skull got me berserk just long enough to put down one such Baron. I also came across more mods than I really knew what to do with, with very few things I could really use them on anymore, including an Onyx Armor mod that I badly wanted to use on my red armor, but being as I already had a mod on the red armor, I ended up using it on some Blue Armor I found instead. Indestructible armor is always awesome. That said, my main traits after hitting Malicious Blades went straight for Finesse and Brute, as I needed the extra speed and power. The BFG only saw use once, against an asshole of a Mancubus across a river of lava. I got the Thermonuclear Bomb a few levels before Erebus, just when I had resigned myself to fighting Spidey again.

I did not have an envirosuit handy, but had enough health and health packs to traverse the lava of Erebus without it simply by booking it across at a dead run. Using my tac shotgun to deal with any Lost Souls that attacked me on the platform, I then took the boomstick to town on the Shotgun Guys before taking my chainswords to the Hellknights. There were still some Lost Souls remaining, as well as some Duelist Armor (I think that was what it was), but I passed it by because I already had the Onyx Blue Armor. If I had held on to the Onyx Mod, I could have used that Duelist Armor as my endgame armor, but as they say, them's the breaks. So after grabbing and putting on the envirosuit, I went out into the lava and got rid of the rest of the Lost Souls before fighting and putting down the Lava Elemental for the Lava Element. By the time I got to the final level before Dis, I had about three or so health packs remaining.

The last level before Dis was by far the most frustrating. Not only did I have to fight two to three Mancubi and about three to four Arachnotrons, but also one Baron of Hell and my only Revenant before the final battle. The place also had a lot of lava and lava barrels, one of which I mistakenly pushed into a lava bed -- if I hadn't been rather high on health, that would have been the end of my run right there. The last Arachs and the Revenant were in an area that I could only get to by rocketing the wall. Nice thing about the Arachs is that while they can do some pretty heinous damage, once you get right up close to them, the Chainswords can one-shot them just like that. After it was all said and done, I had sixty-five or so health left, and I could not find a single health item or megasphere for the life of me, meaning I had to use one of my three remaining health packs, leaving me with just two health packs for the final showdown.

After entering Dis and nuking Spidey, I entered the Hell Fortress, where Carmack was waiting. The Blades took care of the Lost Souls in time to get right up in Carmack's business. After several or so hits and teleporting around, he was able to get a rocket off on me, putting me at fifty-something. I used another medpack and continued to battle the Evil. When he spawned the Revenants, I nailed him a couple more times and put him down for good for my second YAFW and third YAAM.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 21:42 by Bonedaddy »

papilio

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Kill monsters *only* with fist/blades awards you the Malicious Blades Cross. (and related strongman badges)
You can do this by just making a shotgun blast to cut demons' health and only just finishing them off with blades
(although it is not recommended as you can do unintended/mistaken shotgun kills).

Also, note that indirect killcounts depends on the weapon you wielded when monster died.
That is, if you were wielding a shotgun and a demon drowned to the lava rushing across to you,
then it counts as a shotgun kill.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 03:25 by papilio »
0.9.9.7 (after reset)
Cyberdemon Chaos Mjr. General
Medals: 43/43
Badges: 26/26/26/25/23/7[/color
Pages: [1]