Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 13:34
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Call for Uniques/Exotics  (Read 14728 times)

raekuul

• Supporter
  • Brigadier General
  • Storyteller Under The Bridge
    • View Profile
    • Veldania
Re: Call for Uniques/Exotics
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2016, 11:14 »

How about the Crucible, from Doom 2016? We could have it as a stronger variant of the Cleaver (and possibly phase the latter out entirely now that there's a core series sword?)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 11:16 by raekuul »
Tormuse doesn't lose, he dies on purpose to lull the demons into a false sense of security.

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2016, 18:27 »

Damn, I really need to buy the new Doom :(
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Kashi

• Elder
  • Sergeant Major
  • I'm going with the Alucard now
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2016, 22:57 »

Maybe this will be shot down. Maybe it won't.

We already have shotguns that deal shrapnel damage using shells. That is normal. We have the Frag Shotgun, which uses 10mm ammo to do damage. We have the Plasma Shotgun, doing its namesake damage with cells.

How about making a shotgun that can switch between different kinds of damage types? For example, it can have a shrapnel as usual, but you can switch to plasma (fed with cells) or fire (using rockets or something like that) to be more versatile. Given the existence of several types of ammo for shotguns (As shown in Brutal Doom with the buckshot, slug and dragonbreath modes), it would be plausible to add something like that to the game.
0.9.9.5 - Archvile 2nd Lieutenant
[22][10][5][1][0]
"Tururu..."

ScouSin

• Elder
  • Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2016, 09:31 »

I have one, if I can be so daring.

A game that is at least somewhat similar in genre to Doom (action-oriented survival horror), we have the signature mechanic from F.E.A.R.  Time slowing.

For the sake of working in DoomRL, it would best exist as either a unique item that you use which lasts for X amount of time (10 seconds?  I don't know, it's just a number that can be adjusted); I don't think Kornel wants to dare add a new mod to the game, with the complications of needing to work it into assemblies.  How it could work is simple:

In keeping with the theme of time slow down, it will not make your weapons fire any better, or make you move faster.  Instead your reflexes would increase, which offers you but exactly one benefit, the ability to react.  Thus, while it is active, you gain all standard benefits of dodging enemy fire (exempting arch-viles and revenants, due to the way their shots work).  You can see it all coming from all directions, you're going to be just that good.  In other words, you would have your dodge chance for everything, even while holding still, including Dodgemaster if you've got it.  The absolute best time to use it is at the start of a floor when you're surrounded.  No phase device?  No problem.  Pop this bad boy, and you'll be able to chain fire while dodging it all.  The idea behind it is that it won't last very long at all, but when you need it, it's gonna rock.

StupidBunny

• Private
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2016, 01:11 »

Perhaps a "neutron bomb" could be mildly useful.  It would be a unique variant of the thermonuclear bomb, with the difference that it ONLY kills all the monsters in the level, leaving all walls and items intact.  (It would also kill you if you weren't invincible, like the thermie.)

I was also thinking some kind of "cybernetic arm" weapon might be cool, too.  It would be a weapon that couldn't be unequipped or swapped out, but could basically consume the player's ammo without ever having to reload.  It would probably need some other badass characteristics to make its cursedness worthwhile; perhaps the arm could come equipped with two weapons that the player could instantly swap between?  High firing rate?  Built-in chainsaw?  I don't know, I'm a sucker for cybernetic things.

Shinji_Ikari_9th

• Elder
  • Major
  • Lock and load!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2016, 10:36 »

Perhaps a "neutron bomb" could be mildly useful.  It would be a unique variant of the thermonuclear bomb, with the difference that it ONLY kills all the monsters in the level, leaving all walls and items intact.  (It would also kill you if you weren't invincible, like the thermie.)

I was also thinking some kind of "cybernetic arm" weapon might be cool, too.  It would be a weapon that couldn't be unequipped or swapped out, but could basically consume the player's ammo without ever having to reload.  It would probably need some other badass characteristics to make its cursedness worthwhile; perhaps the arm could come equipped with two weapons that the player could instantly swap between?  High firing rate?  Built-in chainsaw?  I don't know, I'm a sucker for cybernetic things.

How about like the mega buster it changes it's damage type/ammo, except that you can control the change?
Over and Out!

Trar

• Backer
  • Sergeant
  • dsvilsit.wav
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2016, 13:20 »

I've always wanted to see the M6D from Halo: Combat Evolved as a unique. It could work as a buffed version of the combat pistol, maybe with some sort of scoped altfire. Don't know if it fits Doom exactly; I'm just throwing it out there.
0.0.9.7: Former Human Lance Corporal

Kristopher

• Supporter
  • Private FC
  • Kitkat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2016, 17:54 »

DOOM (2016) should have been the last, sad gasp of a dying series, but it turned out to be absolutely awesome (which I did not expect whatsoever). I don't know if you've played it yet, but I'd love to see the Gauss Cannon in DoomRL, that thing is my baby.

The Heavy Assault Rifle would be rad too.

On a somewhat unrelated note, since they aren't items, it would be neat to see quad damage and/or haste power-ups, too, but that's neither here nor there, and I have no idea how complicated they would be to implement anyways. Still, I'd feel remiss if I didn't throw that out there.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 14:52 by Kristopher »

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2016, 09:54 »

Once I'll finally get my hands on the new Doom (might take some time, I'm running on fumes before the Jupiter Hell Kickstarter), I'll probably implement most of the new Doom weapons as exotics (and maybe a common or two).
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz
Pages: 1 [2]  All