DoomRL > Requests For Features

New Archangel of 666 level messages

(1/2) > >>

Tormuse:
Anyone who has made the long, hard slog through the Archangel of 666 challenge probably knows that there are little extra messages along the way on certain levels.  I've been playing a fair bit of ArchAo666 lately, so, I got the idea of creating this thread to come up with possible ideas for new messages that could maybe be introduced in future versions.

Spoiler: The messages that are in there so far: (click to show/hide)(This is off the top of my head, so I may get some of these wrong)

Level 100:  You did it!  You completed 100 levels of DoomRL!  You're the Champion!  Or wait...  false alarm.  566 levels to go.

Level 300:  Sparta coming up.

Level 314:  Halfway around the circle.
(Reference to pi)

Level 403:  This level is forbidden.
(Reference to an error code)

Level 628:  Feel like you're going in circles?
(2 times 314)

Some ideas that I've come up with:

Level 255:  Careful you don't roll over to -256!

Level 365:  I'll bet it feels like you've been playing for a year.

Level 420:  Is anyone getting the munchies?

Level 566:  The rest should be easy, just like playing Angel of 100.  :)

Anyone else have any suggestions?

ZicherCZ:
I'm fairly certain that "This level is not found." (level 404) either already is, or definitely should be implemented as well.
And on the same note, "This level is OK." (level 200) sounds good.

raekuul:

--- Quote ---Level 255:  Careful you don't roll over to -256!
--- End quote ---
Put this on 127 instead (256 would roll over to 0 instead of underflowing to a negative number, because signed/unsigned), and I'll put in a support vote.

Hamster:

--- Quote from: raekuul on May 10, 2016, 11:08 ---Put this on 127 instead (256 would roll over to 0 instead of underflowing to a negative number, because signed/unsigned), and I'll put in a support vote.

--- End quote ---
And would roll over to -128, not -256.

Tormuse:
Spoiler: My mistake.  You are correct... (click to show/hide)...you nerds.  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version