Chaosforge Forum

• April 18, 2024, 06:23
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Windows 10 incompatibility error  (Read 3139 times)

SandvichBros

• Private
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Windows 10 incompatibility error
« on: June 01, 2016, 17:51 »

Recently, I installed Doom the Roguelike and tried to play it, but failed.

What happened was that I started it up and first thing I notice is that it doesn't have the title screen picture in the background. The cursor was also all manners of screwed up, appearing as a flashing red-yellow square of static. Finally, the last thing I noticed right away was that the framerate, even when windowed, was slow as all heck.

Undeterred (in fact, I thought this was "normal"), I pressed on, creating a character, giving him my name, a trait--all that jazz. I start up the game, and...
The game utters craps all over itself.

The graphics are so screwed up, all I can see is shreds of pixels and a lone grey armor sprite. None of the commands respond to their pressing. In fact, the only intact thing is the music, but I don't want to play this just some music, so I end up using the Task Manager to get out.

Please help me. I would very much like to play this for myself, but I can't if it refuses to even show me what I'm playing.

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
Re: Windows 10 incompatibility error
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 00:11 »

Update your graphics drivers. I've tried DoomRL on several Windows 10 installations, and never had encountered a problem. Also, please write what GFX card you are using!
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz
Pages: [1]