General > Discussion

Game inspired in part by DoomRL

(1/5) > >>

lostmekka:
Hi,

I have been working on a game called Himmelfahrtskommando, which is in part inspired by DoomRL and Nuclear Throne. It is obviously a top down shooter, but it is not turn based. It currently features a completely destructible environment, some variety of enemies and weapons, XP and skills and procedural level generation.
>>>  free download: http://wwwpub.zih.tu-dresden.de/~s0173474/LMS/HFK/  <<<

I am at a point where I desperately need feedback, because I do not have much time to work on this game and I am struggling to continue development.
The game originally emerged from a holiday game jam and it was not meant to become this big. But over time this project became more complex quickly and now I am at a point where I want to port it to a "proper" game engine to get some nice features that would be too time consuming to write myself. As a bonus, I have thought of a nice network model, that would enable versus and coop modes. (and one special mode that I will keep a secret for now :D)

What do you think, is this something you guys would like to see continued?

Sereg:
Looks interesting.

I notice the last entry in the changelog is nearly a year and half ago - has development been on standby since then, or has the changelog stopped receiving updates?

lostmekka:

--- Quote from: Sereg on October 01, 2016, 14:15 ---Looks interesting.

I notice the last entry in the changelog is nearly a year and half ago - has development been on standby since then, or has the changelog stopped receiving updates?

--- End quote ---

Development has never fully stopped, but I found it very hard to get motivation and time to work on the game while having a quite demanding job. I mostly did stuff that is not building on the game directly, like network model prototypes and planning of story, boss fights and architecture concepts for the big port to the new engine. I must admit that this engine change feels very scary to me :D There is so much to do.

Currently I am trying to figure out, whether it is a good idea to work less on my job and work on the game instead...

On the bright side of things, I might have found a capable graphics artist who can help me out. Maybe. Hopefully :D Almost all sprites are placeholders at the moment ^^

Tormuse:
Hi there!  :)

I decided to give it a try, but I can't figure out how to start the game.  :|  I clicked the button that says ">>> Current version download <<<" and it downloaded a file called HFK.jar which I then extracted into a folder.  There are about 1500 files and none of them are executables.  Is there something I'm missing?  :|

ZicherCZ:
The .jar file itself is a Java executable. Don't extract it, just launch it.

Of course, you need to have Java installed on your machine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version