General > Discussion

Game inspired in part by DoomRL

<< < (5/5)

Evilpotatoe:
I lacked of time for the moment, but be sure I checked the game now that it got customable input, and am gonna play it at least until I reach the end alive.

It looks pretty cool.
I like the way the character & monsters move, the shooting system...  the traits look quite good too... and I probably forget a lot.

There is room for improvement, of course, but it looks nice already.

The only thing I would try to change is that imo, inventory management, doesn't fit well with the dynamic (real time) gameplay.  I find it quite frustrating that I have to first kill everyone, then bother about getting that stuff on the floor and putting it in some weapon slot after having emptied my previous weapon to get back the ammo... well, I gotta have to press 10 keys for that (and check the controls reminder web page 5 times :p)
Thats why imo, some improvements like autograbbing the ammo when walking on it, or easy unloading of weapons / muting useless items, etc., should be considered among future evolutions.
Just giving my opinion, it may be very subjective :)

Anyway, it's cool.  Gotta continue killing spiders for some time !

lostmekka:

--- Quote from: Evilpotatoe on November 10, 2016, 13:31 ---and am gonna play it at least until I reach the end alive.

--- End quote ---
Just to make sure you don't quit out of frustration: There is currently no end. It is play until you die :)
There already is an almost complete story in my head, but the game still has nothing of that in it.

--- Quote from: Evilpotatoe on November 10, 2016, 13:31 ---The only thing I would try to change is that imo, inventory management, doesn't fit well with the dynamic (real time) gameplay.  I find it quite frustrating that I have to first kill everyone, then bother about getting that stuff on the floor and putting it in some weapon slot after having emptied my previous weapon to get back the ammo... well, I gotta have to press 10 keys for that (and check the controls reminder web page 5 times :p)
Thats why imo, some improvements like autograbbing the ammo when walking on it, or easy unloading of weapons / muting useless items, etc., should be considered among future evolutions.

--- End quote ---
I get that autograb suggestion a lot, but this is actually one thing that was clear from the beginning: The game should never do things on its own without explicit input from the player. Imo, this would create more frustration than it would solve. Instead I tried to make item management as smooth as possible by adding the loot mode. (see my previous post for that)

--- Quote from: Evilpotatoe on November 10, 2016, 13:31 ---Anyway, it's cool.  Gotta continue killing spiders for some time !

--- End quote ---
Thx for you feedback <3

Sylph:
Reminds me a lot of 'Enter the Gungeon'

https://youtu.be/YSpo2VvN0SM

(Which, incidentally, is an incredible game!)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version