DoomRL > Bug Reports

Save file won't erase?

<< < (2/3) > >>

ZicherCZ:

--- Quote from: CrashGordon94 on December 05, 2016, 07:13 ---Not sure what to try deleting, and I'm worried about wiping out other data like the records and such.

--- End quote ---
After saving the game, there should be a file named simply "save" (no extension) in your DoomRL folder (the one with the executable, not any of the subfolders). Deleting this single file should allow you to start a new game.

Tormuse:
Am I the only one curious to know what the "rather strange weapon drop" is?  :)

Sereg:
I was actually wondering about that, too...

CrashGordon94:
Deleted "save" and now everything seems fine! Did a quick couple of starts (immediately quit one and saved on the first exit the second time) and both times it seemed to clear properly, thanks! Will admit I'm curious how this could've sprung up but it's no big deal.

For those curious about the strange drop:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)I found the Dragonslayer on Hell Level 5 (predictably couldn't pick it up). Odd given that I fit literally none of the criteria listed on the wiki popping up, being the wrong place, the wrong difficulty (one where I couldn't even visit the level it's supposed to show up on!) and I didn't even have all 100% kills. Because of that I was considering bringing it up because it seemed like a glitch.

Tormuse:

--- Quote from: CrashGordon94 on December 06, 2016, 08:21 --- Will admit I'm curious how this could've sprung up but it's no big deal.

--- End quote ---

It does seem like an odd problem to come up, but at least it's easy to fix.  :)

--- Quote from: CrashGordon94 on December 06, 2016, 08:21 ---For those curious about the strange drop:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)I found the Dragonslayer on Hell Level 5 (predictably couldn't pick it up). Odd given that I fit literally none of the criteria listed on the wiki popping up, being the wrong place, the wrong difficulty (one where I couldn't even visit the level it's supposed to show up on!) and I didn't even have all 100% kills. Because of that I was considering bringing it up because it seemed like a glitch.

--- End quote ---

Spoiler (click to show/hide)The information on the wiki is wrong.  I know this because, on one occasion, I got the guaranteed DS to spawn in Unholy Cathedral and I didn't have 100% kills up 'til that point.  I suspect that the line about needing to complete UC without taking damage is wrong too.  Anyway, all of that is talking about how to get the *guaranteed* DS to spawn.  It still has a random, but very low, chance to spawn in other circumstances after level 16.  It sounds like you were just lucky.  :)

All of this makes me want to try and see if I can get the guaranteed DS to spawn again; maybe I should dust off my recording equipment.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version