DoomRL > Discussion

How do I run open-source DRL?

<< < (2/2)

yaflhdztioxo:
Great!  Now you can play WolfRL which lives on in GitHub as well...

Sambojin:
Precisely how far back in windows versions do you think we can go backwards with it and still have it run? Because if we can get it to go on Win 3.1 or 95, we can Dosbox it. And then I can get an overlay going for touchscreen support for mobile through Magic Dosbox.

Some people would think that having an entire dos emulated installation of windows on an android phone is going a bit far just to play a roguelike, but I say it's exactly how far I'm happy to go to play it.

So is it compilable as a 3.1 or 95 compatible program? It doesn't actually mention windows versions in the d/l page.

((it definitely doesn't work in win3.11. I'll try a fresh install of win95. And might do the pseudo98 upgrade if it still reports a dos-mode error. I vaguely remember only slightly older versions running in 98, but that might've been XP I'm remembering. It was a while ago. I'll report back anyway. There might not be any need to recompile it......))

yaflhdztioxo:
Admittedly I know nothing about those newfangled phones kids have these days but would it possibly be easier to just port DoomRL to whatever unix flavor the Androids use?  Linux DoomRL does exist...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version