Chaosforge Forum

• April 19, 2024, 16:51
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [H|23%|AoLT|YAVP] Lightfoot Silver, Gold, Pla... no? No Platinum? Okay...  (Read 2546 times)

Sereg

• Chaos Acolyte
  • Greater Elder
  • Brigadier General
  • Angel of Overconfidence
    • View Profile

Lightfoot Platinum calls for completion of AoLT in 20000 turns, with no difficulty level or time limit or other caveat specified. My turncount is 7775. What gives? I seem to remember encountering this issue before on my old profile, so I'll check my posting history and see if I ever discovered the reason...

Edit: Can't find that particular issue, but I did find an AoLT mortem on UV that did produce the platinum, so maybe that's a hidden requirement for the badge =P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 12:30 by Sereg »
[26|22|23|15|15|2]
Cyberdemon Chaos Colonel

Medals - DRL 27/43 | XA 16/31

ZicherCZ

• Chaos Knight
  • Supporter of Chaos
  • Brigadier General
  • YADJHG - Yet Another Dead JupiterHellGuy
    • View Profile

Congrats on this win - quick as a Sereg without Sereging! :)

For all I see at the Wiki, Lightfoot Platinum requires Ultra-Violence. The in-game description seems to be incorrect here.
DoomRL 0.997: Cyberdemon Brigadier General - Games: 217, Wins: 2/5/3/6/0, Medals: 18, Specials: 64, Asm: 39, Badges: 19/17/16/5/1/Are you kidding?
Jupiter Hell: Inner Circle - first tech build reached and working

Tormuse

• Elder
  • General
  • More Angelic than not
    • View Profile

Yeah, it's a misprint/bug in the game.  I already reported it in...  2013?  :o  (Was it that long ago?)  :|  Anyway, the Devteam is aware of it and I'm sure it'll be corrected in the next version.  (If that ever comes out)  :P
Apostle Chaos Lt. General (0.9.9.7)
[26/26/26/26/18/9]
Check out my Youtube channel for videos of me playing DRL!  :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXOijubEijdnrOja0kxXTKQ/videos

Sereg

• Chaos Acolyte
  • Greater Elder
  • Brigadier General
  • Angel of Overconfidence
    • View Profile

To be honest, Lightfoot Platinum should just be AoLT UV, in my opinion, or perhaps AoLT UV with some KC percentage. The turncount is sort of a trivial requirement because AoLT is generally played as a speed run anyway - at least, that's how I tend to play it: grab the chainsaw and stairdive, collecting powerups and cutting down enemies in the way of the next stairs.

In any case, I'll probably revisit this one in the near future, as AoLT is one of the less challenging modes for me(despite my rather poor inventory management skills, or perhaps because of them - AoLT forces me to ignore most of the BS I usually carry around) and will probably prove to be easier then most other Platinums.
[26|22|23|15|15|2]
Cyberdemon Chaos Colonel

Medals - DRL 27/43 | XA 16/31
Pages: [1]