Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 07:42
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [N!|ArchAoTravel|24%|YAVP] Lightfoot Platinum/Diamond/Angelic  (Read 3617 times)

Sereg

• Chaos Acolyte
  • Greater Elder
  • Brigadier General
  • Angel of Overconfidence
    • View Profile

First Angelic for this profile, second earned overall, and first Nightmare! win without AoOC. This one might even be easier then Shottyman, as it's less luck dependant - once I got a feel for it, I was generally able to make it to Babel or better if I got through the early game safely. Despite being a full playthrough, it's also not very time consuming - might turn around and pick up Speedrunner Gold after this, as it should be trivial compared to this run.

Early attempts using pistols were quickly abandoned, followed by a shotgun approach, which made it down to the Cyberdemon and got soundly stomped. The trick for me was to build as if for melee, grabbing the chainsaw and holding it in reserve for the bossfights. Berserker was a huge help for survival, anyway, and the run probably wouldn't have been possible without it. My inventory for most of the game was a stack of shells and a large medkit, and I'd replenish either as necessary. If I ever ran low on shells, I just played like a pacifist and ran for the stairs, rather then risking an accidental melee kill. Cyberdemon and Mastermind were handled with melee until they displayed (almost dead), then finished with the shotgun. Mastermind almost got me during that part, as she took 3-4 shotgun blasts to finish, but the medkit I was carrying saved the day and allowed me to finish the run.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 14:15 by Sereg »
[26|22|23|15|15|2]
Cyberdemon Chaos Colonel

Medals - DRL 27/43 | XA 16/31

Tormuse

• Elder
  • General
  • More Angelic than not
    • View Profile
Re: [N!|ArchAoTravel|24%|YAVP] Lightfoot Platinum/Diamond/Angelic
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 13:19 »

Hey, this is awesome!  :D  I haven't actually achieved this one, so kudos for beating me to it!  :D

Very interesting strategy, incorporating berserker in a game that specifically prohibits melee kills.
Apostle Chaos Lt. General (0.9.9.7)
[26/26/26/26/18/9]
Check out my Youtube channel for videos of me playing DRL!  :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXOijubEijdnrOja0kxXTKQ/videos

Sereg

• Chaos Acolyte
  • Greater Elder
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 18:06 »

Holy crap, you have 7 Angelic Badges and this one *isn't* one of them?

Holy crap.

Anyway, yeah, despite the melee limitation, berserker seemed like the only safe way to go here, given the two bossfights and the rather intense inventory restriction. Either I try to stand off and avoid damage, taking less effective blind(or intuition guided) shots and going through loads of ammo I don't have, or I fight in the open, doing significantly more damage and conserving ammo, but going through loads of medkits I don't have.

Bru->Bru->Ber was option C, minimizing my use of both consumables, and doing significantly more damage while still maintaining the letter of the challenge limitations, if not the spirit. If it's even possible to complete this challenge without that skill path, I will be both surprised and VERY impressed...

[26|22|23|15|15|2]
Cyberdemon Chaos Colonel

Tormuse

• Elder
  • General
  • More Angelic than not
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 22:29 »

...If it's even possible to complete this challenge without that skill path, I will be both surprised and VERY impressed...

Ooooh, that sounds like a challenge if I ever heard one.  :D :D :D
Apostle Chaos Lt. General (0.9.9.7)
[26/26/26/26/18/9]
Check out my Youtube channel for videos of me playing DRL!  :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXOijubEijdnrOja0kxXTKQ/videos

Sereg

• Chaos Acolyte
  • Greater Elder
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 21:26 »

You're more then welcome to attempt it - it's certainly not going to be the easiest way to earn an 8th Angelic, though =P
[26|22|23|15|15|2]
Cyberdemon Chaos Colonel

Pages: [1]