Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 06:12
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: How do I wield the Dragonslayer?  (Read 4184 times)

victorio

• Supporter of Chaos
  • Private
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
How do I wield the Dragonslayer?
« on: February 20, 2017, 01:11 »

Just finished an Angel of 100 run where I found it and couldn't figure it out :(

I'm starting an Angel of 666 run and I'd really like to know in case I happen upon it again...

Tormuse

• Elder
  • General
  • More Angelic than not
    • View Profile
Re: How do I wield the Dragonslayer?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 03:16 »

Funny that you're asking this now.  Up until very recently, this was a huge secret that everyone was sworn to uphold for fear of facing the wrath of Kornel...  But now that the source code for DRL has been released, things seem to be more relaxed about the secret, so...

...I have to admit that I feel weird talking about it now after all those years of secrecy, but there you go.  Happy slaying!  :)
Apostle Chaos Lt. General (0.9.9.7)
[26/26/26/26/18/9]
Check out my Youtube channel for videos of me playing DRL!  :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXOijubEijdnrOja0kxXTKQ/videos

Sereg

• Chaos Acolyte
  • Greater Elder
  • Brigadier General
  • Angel of Overconfidence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 07:18 »

I feel you - I was also doing lots of 100 and 666 attempts when I learned the method.

I was able to get a hint via PM and combine that with theories I already had to make it work, but it's nice to be able to just say it outright, now. I'm sure there are people out there who enjoy finding things out entirely for themselves, but I am neither one of them, nor do I understand them(well, to a degree I do - I just reviewed my PM history, and the hint I received was very vague, so I do tend to feel as though I managed to discover it mostly on my own, which I admit is a good feeling - I just don't get the sense of being 'spoiled' if I have to ask for help). I simply wish them luck in discovering all the master assemblies without spoilers - or hell, even all the advanced ones.

The thing about (most of) those, as well as Dragonslayer, is they all make sense in retrospect, once you know how it's done. Unfortunately, there are too many other possibilities that also make greater or lesser degrees of sense, which makes discovering the exact method quite a lot more challenging than it might seem - at least with assemblies, once you found them, you know for sure. With the Dragonslayer, you might do it once and still not be sure which combination of conditions was the actual requirement, and not be able to reproduce it.

Anyway, good luck - it sure is a lot of fun to play with.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 07:23 by Sereg »
[26|22|23|15|15|2]
Cyberdemon Chaos Colonel

Medals - DRL 27/43 | XA 16/31

Moonshine Fox

• Silver Supporter
  • Elder
  • Sergeant Major
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 10:01 »

It still bums me that I didn't figure it out before the spoiler was out in the open. However, I've only encountered it twice, so I didn't really have a lot of practice ^^
Shoot at everything that moves. If it doesn't move, shoot it anyway, it might move later.

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
  • High Caliber Consecrator
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 12:07 »

FINALLY! Might even pick up the game again... :))
[0.9.9.7G] Current: Hell Knight 1st Lieutenant [20/12/4/0/0/0]
High: Arch-Vile Lt. Colonel [25/21/12/2/1/0]

raekuul

• Supporter
  • Brigadier General
  • Storyteller Under The Bridge
    • View Profile
    • Veldania
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 07:26 »

I'm too attached to my pistols to really try for the DS, but at least now I can route for it :/
Tormuse doesn't lose, he dies on purpose to lull the demons into a false sense of security.
Pages: [1]