DoomRL > Releases

Vid's DoomRL Sound Pack

<< < (2/2)

Moonshine Fox:
I know. The special level bug MAY be a bug in DoomRL itself, or just a weird glitch on my version. I'll see if I can relate it to your mod or not. I'll get back to you.

Moonshine Fox:
Here's the updated LUA filed. I had to resort to using the stock folders to fix some bugs, so in essence, as long as people have a solid stock installation, they don't need to download any additional stock files as they will be used just fine.

The only thing I can't get working is Menu Music and the Menu Cancel sound. Everything else works. I have NO idea why those two won't work. They're in the right spot and all, but I don't know why they won't work. It only works if I rename the file "doom_the_roguelike.mp3" to "drl.mp3" and change the LUAs accordingly. Then it'll play, but not with the stock name. Funnily enough, this will also allow the menu cancel sound to work, but I changed nothing with that. WTF?

Files.

Vid-szhite:
That is fucking weird.

Thanks a ton, though! I'll put them in as separate LUAs for Linux, since I can't be sure everyone has the HQ sound pack for windows, and I want mod installation to be as painless as possible. This way, I can be sure everything works. I credited you in the readme.

Moonshine Fox:

--- Quote from: Vid-szhite on March 02, 2017, 05:11 ---That is fucking weird.

Thanks a ton, though! I'll put them in as separate LUAs for Linux, since I can't be sure everyone has the HQ sound pack for windows, and I want mod installation to be as painless as possible. This way, I can be sure everything works. I credited you in the readme.

--- End quote ---
I've been digging through this even more, and now it runs with the original filename. I'm starting to think it may just be a bug that is local and unique to me and not something related to your mod.

Some files simply will not load SOMETIMES. The only one I'm consistently able to reproduce is the track that's supposed to play in the Vaults. Which is also funny, because that's a stock song, not one added by your mod. So I'd say unless someone has exactly my problem (they'll likely have it with their stock game too) the linux mod is ready to go.

I could probably make a couple of LUAs with your HQ pack as well, so you can distribute them equally. The only crash bugs are related to case sensitive file names being wrong and one MP3 file that won't load (SCHWING.mp3). I had to convert that to .wav to make it stop crashing on trying to load it.

Vid-szhite:
I don't remember that one being an mp3. I'll double check that one.

I fixed all the crashes on Windows long ago though, so imagine my confusion...

EDIT: WELLP I GUESS THAT'S AN MP3 LOL

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version