Chaosforge Forum

• March 29, 2024, 06:46
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [U|100%|YAAM|YAFW] First ever Conqueror win + video  (Read 2124 times)

Sereg

• Chaos Acolyte
  • Greater Elder
  • Brigadier General
  • Angel of Overconfidence
    • View Profile
[U|100%|YAAM|YAFW] First ever Conqueror win + video
« on: February 20, 2017, 21:43 »

Edit: Still waiting on YouTube... meanwhile, the title has promised a video, so here's a failed Marksman Platinum attempt(or part of one, the second half of the stream doesn't seem to be available yet) that finished my Technician Platinum.

I've been alternating between Marksman Platinum and Elite Platinum attempts, and Elite won first - which is nice, because as my first ever conqueror win it comes with a whole bunch of medals I've never received before and a few bonus badges. I also managed to sneak in my first damageless Hell Arena, so there's that.

The run went very smoothly until the end of Hell... I'd never cleared the Mortuary before, so it started to break down about there as I was unprepared for it and used more medkits then I needed, both there and on subsequent levels. Hell 7 was rather brutal, and I was down to my last two medkits, wondering whether I ought to risk a full win attempt, knowing all the rest of my achievements up to that point could be lost(I'd have kept some stuff, like Armorer Gold and the Hell Arena Key, of course, but the Conqueror run would have been lost). I decided to go for it, remembering my last attempt as MVm with the Scythe, and this time I had a BFG to help.

The end result is one of my most impressive mortems to date, including 100% kill rate, conqueror, full win, and damageless arena on UV. Still not much compared to those of you doing the same thing on Nightmare!, but I'm pretty proud of it anyway.

Bonus: I had decided to stream to my YouTube channel tonight, following the example of some others here who record their games occasionally, so once that's finished processing, I'll link the video. I believe I've got the whole run, and there's some sort of commentary if my mic decided to work, so it should be interesting to review that afterwards =P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 14:29 by Sereg »
[26|22|23|15|15|2]
Cyberdemon Chaos Colonel

Medals - DRL 27/43 | XA 16/31
Pages: [1]