Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 12:41
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [M|AoMr|96%|16|YASD] Pistols are lots of fun, unless it's Cybie  (Read 2942 times)

Moonshine Fox

• Silver Supporter
  • Elder
  • Sergeant Major
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile

I really need to work on fighting Cybie with pistols I feel. My dodge wasn't high enough to reliably dodge his missiles. But once he fired, I got about five shots off before he could fire again, so I routinely did dodge-attempt, 4 shots, dodge-attempt, 4 shots. Works well, and would probably have been more successful *if* I had more dodge. But as it is, Sharpshooter is freaking hard to get to apparently. Feels like it takes forever. I picked a level of Whizkid in order to get myself an Energy Pistol, but that felt hilariously lacklustre compared to the Storm Bolter. Once I got the Anti-Freak Jackal I had tons of fun, but that thing seems...less useful than it initially looks. Damage is great, but fire seems to be a common resistance, and it also blows up all the loot.

And yourself. Do not use in melee range.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Shoot at everything that moves. If it doesn't move, shoot it anyway, it might move later.

Sereg

• Chaos Acolyte
  • Greater Elder
  • Brigadier General
  • Angel of Overconfidence
    • View Profile
Re: [M|AoMr|96%|16|YASD] Pistols are lots of fun, unless it's Cybie
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 11:11 »

Yeah, I just reviewed my Marksman Platinum run, and Cyberdemon was a pain even dual wielding Combat + Grammaton, and using a P modded red armor.

He is not meant for pistol users to handle easily, unless maybe scouts.
[26|22|23|15|15|2]
Cyberdemon Chaos Colonel

Medals - DRL 27/43 | XA 16/31

singalen

• Supporter
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 11:01 »

Unless definitely scouts. Dodgemaster makes Cybie fun and easy.

Moonshine Fox

• Silver Supporter
  • Elder
  • Sergeant Major
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 14:19 »

Unless definitely scouts. Dodgemaster makes Cybie fun and easy.

Yeah. That was my problem. I didn't get that as I was a Tech. I've been trying Scout runs lately to use Gun Kata, but have had really shitty luck. But I'm working on it and it seems more reliable, and the sudden DPS spike with Dualgunner is very welcome.
Shoot at everything that moves. If it doesn't move, shoot it anyway, it might move later.

ZicherCZ

• Chaos Knight
  • Supporter of Chaos
  • Brigadier General
  • YADJHG - Yet Another Dead JupiterHellGuy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 14:48 »

Or unless playing on UV+. With a Sharpshooter build, you can still acquire Dodgemaster ways before encountering Cybie.
DoomRL 0.997: Cyberdemon Brigadier General - Games: 217, Wins: 2/5/3/6/0, Medals: 18, Specials: 64, Asm: 39, Badges: 19/17/16/5/1/Are you kidding?
Jupiter Hell: Inner Circle - first tech build reached and working

Tormuse

• Elder
  • General
  • More Angelic than not
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 22:34 »

While I'm sure it was a rough battle, it looks like you had a pretty good chance of defeating Cybie here.  (He was heavily wounded!)  The nanoskin armour provides a bit of fire protection, (red would have been better, but oh well) and with the tac boots and lots of running, you should have had a decent enough dodge chance, I think, and EE3 would offset the accuracy penalty from running.  Those two med packs could have been enough to see you through this.  (And the ability to insta-use med packs is a huge benefit here)

Of course, I would be a massive hypocrite to criticize you for not using the med packs, considering that neglecting my med packs is my number one cause of death in this game.  :P
Apostle Chaos Lt. General (0.9.9.7)
[26/26/26/26/18/9]
Check out my Youtube channel for videos of me playing DRL!  :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXOijubEijdnrOja0kxXTKQ/videos
Pages: [1]