Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 09:23
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [U|97%|17|YASD] Gatekeeper Diamond (with Video)  (Read 2855 times)

Sereg

• Chaos Acolyte
  • Greater Elder
  • Brigadier General
  • Angel of Overconfidence
    • View Profile
[U|97%|17|YASD] Gatekeeper Diamond (with Video)
« on: March 01, 2017, 13:33 »

That took a little *a lot* longer then it should have...

Video. Run starts at ~13:14, and not all of it is available yet. Will update again later.

Went for UC after Cyberdemon, realized I didn't have any melee traits, said screw it I'll do it anyway, the win isn't relevant - and I died because I was trying to save medkits for the AoD. Doesn't really matter, of course - I've ragequit enough potential winning runs after failing either Anomaly or Babel damageless, because the Gatekeeper badge was really all I was after.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 13:44 by Sereg »
[26|22|23|15|15|2]
Cyberdemon Chaos Colonel

Medals - DRL 27/43 | XA 16/31

Moonshine Fox

• Silver Supporter
  • Elder
  • Sergeant Major
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Re: [U|97%|17|YASD] Gatekeeper Diamond (with Video)
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 14:23 »

You do get to keep the badge though, right? I don't remember how it works, tbh xD
Shoot at everything that moves. If it doesn't move, shoot it anyway, it might move later.

ZicherCZ

• Chaos Knight
  • Supporter of Chaos
  • Brigadier General
  • YADJHG - Yet Another Dead JupiterHellGuy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 14:30 »

Moonshine Fox, clearing both Anomaly and Babel on UV damageless is enough for GK Diamond, even if you die afterwards.

Sereg, I'm looking forward to watch the video to see how you handled the Anomaly. That, in my experience, is the (much) harder part of GK Diamond requirement.
DoomRL 0.997: Cyberdemon Brigadier General - Games: 217, Wins: 2/5/3/6/0, Medals: 18, Specials: 64, Asm: 39, Badges: 19/17/16/5/1/Are you kidding?
Jupiter Hell: Inner Circle - first tech build reached and working

Sereg

• Chaos Acolyte
  • Greater Elder
  • Brigadier General
  • Angel of Overconfidence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 16:27 »

You do get to keep the badge though, right? I don't remember how it works, tbh xD
Yep, you don't have to win, just have to fulfill the stated conditions - for reference consider the bronze badges that only require reaching a certain dungeon level.

Zicher, the video is up in its entirety now. I basically phased to the hellgate(in my experience, phase devices[regular not homing - I get odd results with homing so I don't like to use them] tend to send you behind the bruiser rooms more often then not), ducked behind it and shotgunned the bruisers, then camped behind their chambers for everyone else. Tactical boots and the basic and advanced traits required for Fireangel were key. It's worth noting that with Fireangel, you can also rocketjump backwards or forwards from the ambush without taking damage if you don't find phase devices, although I never managed to finish the Anomaly without taking some damage somewhere when doing that - it's a lot more difficult then simply phasing to the back and camping.

It's possible that Anomaly is more difficult then Babel, but since I can pass it and then still screw something up in Deimos or at Babel, I've had more successes overall there, so my perception of difficulty is probably skewed by that.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 16:45 by Sereg »
[26|22|23|15|15|2]
Cyberdemon Chaos Colonel

Medals - DRL 27/43 | XA 16/31
Pages: [1]