Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 09:28
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [N!|93%|AoB|YAVP] Berserker Diamond, un-Sereg'd, + Iron Skull (w/ Video)  (Read 2576 times)

Sereg

• Chaos Acolyte
  • Greater Elder
  • Brigadier General
  • Angel of Overconfidence
    • View Profile

I was contemplating what to try for my final Diamond Badge for Chaos Lt. Colonel, without grabbing the guaranteed Armorer and Technician(which I am saving for Chaos Colonel), and decided to try Berserker. At first I was going to do my usual AoOC combination, but as I thought about it, I realized it couldn't really be too much harder then a regular N! speedrun - might even be easier, since AoB starts with blue armor and large medkits and gets a guaranteed combat knife at the start of Phobos.

So I did that, and... this was actually the very first attempt. Obviously luck was with me(edit: after reviewing the video... holy crap was luck ever with me), but it wasn't as difficult as I expected. I went and grabbed the chainsaw, then stairdived as usual. Solved the Anomaly with a Phase device, which didn't take me all the way, but got me past the ambush, so I killed the Bruisers while berserking for the XP, then went through the portal.

After that I dived down to the City of Skulls, wherein I copied Tormuse's Angel of Lost Soul punching, albeit with the convenient advantage of having a chainsaw. I didn't need quite the killcount he did for that run, but I figured while I was in there with MVm, I might as well grab Iron Skull. Holy crap did that take forever, but I finished it and continued on. Babel was uneventful, just ran up and sawed away.

I had wanted to stop at the Unholy Cathedral, but I pulled a Tracking Map on Hell 1, and the approach was nasty, so I went for the regular stairs instead. I then continued to dive, and found myself in a bad spot on Hell 4, and had to duck into the Mortuary to escape. This turned out to be beneficial, because of the supercharge globes and extra armors, and the phase device I was carrying took me close enough to one of the corners that I was able to escape safely. I also had to enter Erebus on Hell 6, but that is much easier to escape. Hell 7 was enjoyable, as I got the Extermination level event, and spent the entire floor berserking around looking for the stairs while Barons, Viles, and Revenants teleported in and took shots at me. Luckily I was fairly safe between Berserk, TaN2, and the armors I acquired in the Mortuary, so I was able to make it to the stairs without serious incident. Mastermind was handled easily, as always with a melee build.

I will link the video when it becomes available, and I'll do everyone a favor and provide a link within the video to the end of the City of Skulls so no one has to sit through 2 hours of Pain Elemental farming.

Edit: Video. As promised there's a link to skip the City of Skulls, which in fact took 2 hours and 40 minutes. The entire rest of the run clocks in at something like 28, 29 minutes, for comparison.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 22:27 by Sereg »
[26|22|23|15|15|2]
Cyberdemon Chaos Colonel

Medals - DRL 27/43 | XA 16/31
Pages: [1]