Chaosforge Forum

• April 24, 2024, 23:37
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [M|AoLt|?|Bug] This is frustrating...  (Read 1913 times)

MedO

• Corporal
    • View Profile
[M|AoLt|?|Bug] This is frustrating...
« on: April 04, 2007, 17:10 »

I almost made it to Captain rank. To preserve inventory space, I chose pistols as main weapons, first in combination with a SG, then with a RL and later with the BFG. Trait order was SoG->SoG->SoG->DG->TaN->HR->TaN... I think. In the last few levels I thought I wouldn't make it, especially in the last one (this was one of those with many small rooms) where I had to search almost the entire level before finding the stairs. I entered the Arena with 80% health, one large medkit, full red armor and too few power cells, but I had a nuke. If it hadn't been for the one Arch-Vile who really got in my way a few levels before, the power cells would have been enough to finish Cybie, but as it was they ran out after three hits already, with Cybie down to "severely wounded". I activated the nuke and fired a last rocket at him, but it was not enough, he hit me back and I died. Only seconds later, the nuke detonated, burying Cybie beside me.

The known bug that occurs in this situation prevents me from posting a mortem, and the game did not count at all. This is really frustrating because it was the first time I got this far with AoLt, and would have advanced to Captain rank had this game counted as a partial win (AFAIK).

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
Re: [M|AoLt|?|Bug] This is frustrating...
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 17:23 »

You'll be happy to know that this bug is fixed already in the beta, and the next version will be ok :)
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

MedO

• Corporal
    • View Profile
Re: [M|AoLt|?|Bug] This is frustrating...
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 11:23 »

Still, I hope to make it to Captain before the next version comes out. Will of course post the mortem once I make it, I just have to remember to launch the nuke in time if I see I won't make it, so it will go off before Cybie gets me.
Pages: [1]