Chaosforge Forum

• May 23, 2024, 03:24
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Fallout: Mods, 3, RL  (Read 13561 times)

RickVoid

• Elder
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Mods, 3, RL
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2007, 13:10 »

Well, I just downloaded Wasteland, and managed to find and order copies of Fallout I, II, and Tactics on E-bay. (They came as a bundle, or I would have ignored Tactics.) Soon enough I will have learned the joy that comes from playing these titles you all seem to love.
Of course, Fallout isn't here quite yet, so I'll be playing Wasteland and anything else I can find online during my 12 hour shift this afternoon.

In other news, I hate my life. :)
Campbell: Snake, press the action button.
Snake: ... What?
Campbell: The action button, on the control pad.
Snake: What!?

TFoN

• Colonel
  • Gleefully antisocial!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2007, 13:59 »

Great choice! I'm sure you'll be as enchanted as the rest of us.

I strongly suggest sticking to the plot-line, playing Fallout I before II. Graphically and with regards to character and general game design there's almost no difference at all, so there's no real reason to compare prematurely and possibly spoil some surprises.
Tactics has much better graphics which IMO could have suited the originals very well. It also has some other very nice additions, which could have likewise fit in. If the mods are as good as it's been suggested, I think it's worth getting anyway. Unfortunately, neither of my relics/computers can allow me to check them out for myself just yet :)

Zeb

• Elder
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2007, 18:41 »

When I ever get Paypal I'll donate to you to work on Berserk! more...

RickVoid

• Elder
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2007, 21:30 »

Okay, just so that everybody knows:

There are some things that you have to do in order to make Fallout 1 and 2 work on a newer version of Windows (IE, XP). For Fallout 1, choose to run the program in Win 95 compatibility mode, and override the screen refresh in dxdiag. Set it to 60. For Fallout 2, run it in Win 98/NT compatibiliy. I don't know about Tactics yet, as I haven't installed it yet.

Reasons why: Fallout 1 displays only objects on the screen that are actually moving. Which means that the screen is black most of the time. This is "not good". Fallout 2, won't even run unless it's running in the compatibility mode.

This has been a public service announcement courtesy of RickVoid, a wholly owned subsidiary of RickVoid Enterprises LLC, copyright 2007. All rights reserved.
Campbell: Snake, press the action button.
Snake: ... What?
Campbell: The action button, on the control pad.
Snake: What!?

n9103

• Private FC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2007, 09:08 »

I don't know if I'd call FO3 alive and kicking...
Bethesda (the people who brought you Oblivion) bought the IP (intellectual property) rights to FO, and let Interplay keep a license, on the conditions that they have to start full-scale development of a FO MMO (uhm, that could be bad...) within 2 years, and publish it within 4.

While it would be foolish for interplay to let FO get away from them, I also don't think they much care, since they've sat on it for how many years now?

I think the outcome (whatever it may be) will be the same if something similar happens to the Dungeon Keeper IP.
Pages: 1 [2]  All