Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 15:12
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Sooo close (AoSh)  (Read 2845 times)

flamewolf393

• Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Sooo close (AoSh)
« on: June 18, 2017, 19:43 »

I had the spider mastermind down to near death when I finally ran out of ammo and had to just give up. It was my first time ever getting to the SM on any angel game of any kind -.-

Sereg

• Chaos Acolyte
  • Greater Elder
  • Brigadier General
  • Angel of Overconfidence
    • View Profile
Re: Sooo close (AoSh)
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 21:37 »

Keep trying - you'll get there eventually, and be on to much more difficult challenges before long. As far as AoSh goes, you're not gonna do well kiting the mastermind around corners with intuition like you might with other builds. Your ideal inventory as you approach the end of Hell should be a couple sets of strong armor, preferably modded, a reasonable handful of health packs, and several stacks of ammo, because your best bet with this challenge is to get right up in the Mastermind's grill and blast away. Knockback isn't an issue, but it moves erratically and you'll want to stick to it and stay at point blank range.

I (or many other more skilled players) can give you better and more specific advice if we can see your mortems - feel free to post them in the appropriate forum.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 21:39 by Sereg »
[26|22|23|15|15|2]
Cyberdemon Chaos Colonel

Medals - DRL 27/43 | XA 16/31

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
  • High Caliber Consecrator
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
Re: Sooo close (AoSh)
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 09:49 »

I agree with Sereg: please use the Mortem board for messages like these, and add a little more flavor to them (see here for pointers).

Thanks!
[0.9.9.7G] Current: Hell Knight 1st Lieutenant [20/12/4/0/0/0]
High: Arch-Vile Lt. Colonel [25/21/12/2/1/0]
Pages: [1]