DoomRL > Discussion

How to get to JC?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Tormuse:
Yeah, Mortuary/Limbo generate at HNTR and above and Lava Pits/Mt. Erebus are always there at any difficulty.  It's not easy, but getting them is not luck-based.

Also, I'm surprised that info about how to get there is not on the Wiki!  :o  I've been playing for so long that I've just kind of taken for granted that "everyone already knows" how to get to him.

(Also, if you look at my Youtube channel, there are several videos in which I get to him)  :)

EDIT:

--- Quote from: Moonshine Fox on July 15, 2017, 02:14 ---You cannot miss them.

--- End quote ---

Well, I wouldn't say *that.*  If you're not looking for red staircases, it might be easy to miss them.

flamewolf393:

--- Quote from: Sereg on July 15, 2017, 05:38 ---Only time you *won't* get them is ITYTD.

--- End quote ---

That explains it. I cant beat the game on anything but ITYTD. And even then its only like 10% win rate -.-

DuMOHsmol:
But is a nuke really the only way? I was able to destroy walls (towards the stairway) with rocket launcher, but was killed before I finished.

Sereg:
Flame, I highly recommend starting to play HNTR immediately.  It'll suck at first but you will get used to it and your level of play will quickly increase as you learn to avoid doing the things that ITYTD lets you get away with but which will kill you everywhere else.  If it helps,  watch some of my videos, or better yet videos by Tormuse, who actually knows what he's doing unlike me.

DuMO, I've never tried that... I would assume you'd come up against permawall eventually,  but give it another try and let us know what you find?

raekuul:
The walls surrounding the stairs to the Post-Final Boss should be immune to anything that isn't Thermonuclear Device levels of damage - Remember, Cybie (who throws around Rockets like a Mancubus) used to be the Final Boss. It wouldn't do to have Cybie open the door to his boss.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version